Friday OT - Southern Trees Bear a Strange Fruit

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Fish Sauce. Why are you in my fridge, I don’t even like you.
The first time I made pad thai, I overdid it on the fish sauce, and sometimes when I burp, I swear I can still taste it. That was like 5 years ago.

I think I permanently ****ed up my own burps with fish sauce, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I keep my 12 volt batteries in the fridge from my Ice fishing locators.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don't have anything I or anyone else would consider strange except for a container of lard. But I just use it to season my stainless steel frying pans

Reactions: Angie

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I have a bunch of fermented stuff. Kimchi, kraut, beets, giardiniera, hot sauces, kombucha, random brines from said ferments.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
A product for curly hair that has to be refrigerated. But I forget it's there and obviously forget to use it.
I have very curly hair. Found out during the pandemic, always too short to know in the past.

What product is it and what does it do?

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I have very curly hair. Found out during the pandemic, always too short to know in the past.

What product is it and what does it do?

Here's a link to the product (orange marmalade by Ecoslay) -- https://www.ecoslay.com/products/or...hJpkvl_S4khnLAblwK_bTDPJlPsAP1I0aAtoqEALw_wcB

It's a gel. I like it OK but wasn't blown away.

I spent much of 2020 messing around with different curly hair products trying to find my staples (or holy grail products as some people call them). I spent so much money only to find that my hair does just fine with Herbal Essences mousse and a product called Uncle Funky's Curl Stimulator.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Here's a link to the product (orange marmalade by Ecoslay) -- https://www.ecoslay.com/products/or...hJpkvl_S4khnLAblwK_bTDPJlPsAP1I0aAtoqEALw_wcB

It's a gel. I like it OK but wasn't blown away.

I spent much of 2020 messing around with different curly hair products trying to find my staples (or holy grail products as some people call them). I spent so much money only to find that my hair does just fine with Herbal Essences mousse and a product called Uncle Funky's Curl Stimulator.
Orange marmalade? Don’t that go on toast?

1653066150108.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: MJ29

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Two years ago we harvested blossoms from our lilac bushes and made lilac jam. There is half of a small jar of that in the fridge. Our basement fridge has a squeeze bottle of mango and insect gecko food in it. We should probably label that so some unsuspecting guest doesn't...

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Fish Sauce. Why are you in my fridge, I don’t even like you.

The first time I made pad thai, I overdid it on the fish sauce, and sometimes when I burp, I swear I can still taste it. That was like 5 years ago.

I think I permanently ****ed up my own burps with fish sauce, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself.

Fish sauce in dishes is amazing! Some of my favorite dishes use it. Definitely don't want to overdue it though and it for sure has a smell. Kimchi is another one that I love but if you open a container and don't eat it fairly quickly it can stink up the whole kitchen

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Fish sauce in dishes is amazing! Some of my favorite dishes use it. Definitely don't want to overdue it though and it for sure has a smell. Kimchi is another one that I love but if you open a container and don't eat it fairly quickly it can stink up the whole kitchen
Fish sauce is awesome, it just took me awhile to dial in how much to use. My first batch of kimchi called for 1/2 cup of fish sauce in a gallon batch. That one took me awhile to power through.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Oh it's definitely good, but moderation is the key. It doesn't take much

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
A. German Relish/Chutney: Some Sort of Family Recipe, that goes well on roast beef/pork.
B. Tamarind Sause: An Asian Sweet/Sour type sause....delish in asian foods.
C. 3 Large Jars of Pickles: (No one in our family eats pickles)- We had a party, which we served BBQ pulled pork Sammies(BBQ sause and a few pickles...sounds good, right). Told the Mistress to buy pickles for the party....she comes how with spears. Send her back to the store.....she comes home with bread/butter sweet pickles...sigh. 3rd attempt she buys dill pickles, which nearly no one ate at the party......
D. Threw out the Ice Fishing wax-worms last week.

Reactions: NWICY

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I have some salsa I bought at a old school hardware store in rural North Carolina, that just came in an unmarked Mason jar. It is actually delicious.

Reactions: SaraV and NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron