Friday OT - Southern Trees Bear a Strange Fruit

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
@Mr Janny does all of the shopping and cooking - I don't know that we have much weird in there right now? Maybe queso fresco?
You're forgetting that I tried to make a batch of limoncello last summer, and I used raw sugar instead of refined, and instead of the vibrant yellow color I was aiming for, the end result looked like the urine of a 63 year old alcoholic rodeo clown.

So there's still a bottle of that in our fridge. Top shelf. Left of center. Way in the back.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You're forgetting that I tried to make a batch of limoncello last summer, and I used raw sugar instead of refined, and instead of the vibrant yellow color I was aiming for, the end result looked like the urine of a 63 year old alcoholic rodeo clown.

So there's still a bottle of that in our fridge. Top shelf. Left of center. Way in the back.

AND YOU GAVE IT AWAY AS A GIFT. We never saw George again after that.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
A product for curly hair that has to be refrigerated. But I forget it's there and obviously forget to use it.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Pretty regular stuff for us, strangest thing would be a small leftover container of sauerkraut. Not strange to have leftover kraut, very strange that I would save what looks like less than a teaspoon's worth.
Man, we do this every dang time we have kraut with something.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Not sure how you know what that 63 year old rodeo clowns urine looks like.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
We have four different kinds of real maple syrup. Why? Why the **** do we have four open containers of different types of maple syrup?

Reactions: Angie

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
My wife is into essential oils (eye roll) so she has this juice-like drink in the fridge that has wolfberries in it. She takes a shot of that every day. I think it is called Ningxia or something like that. It looks like a bottle of tomato juice or V8.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Strange to my wife and kids so probably to most. I have two fresh beef tongues in one of ours thanks to my neighbor. He gave a local locker some work and dropped off a care package including these as he knows I like them.

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Garage fridge was just freed of two hog manure samples a few days ago. They get messed up if left warm or sunlight so you either have to chill or freeze them to keep them accurate.

The 'garage' like the the shed about 50 meters from the house that you just call a garage, right?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The 'garage' like the the shed about 50 meters from the house that you just call a garage, right?
Nope, the structure attached to the house that I never get to park my vehicle in, and no this is not a euphemism. As the Simpsons would call it, the car hold.

Reactions: madguy30

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron