Iowa Football Recruiting

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Holy Satchel Paige, that delivery has too much motion.

Interesting. I don't pretend to know too much about proper throwing mechanics, but that odd motion he makes with the ball when starting his throwing motion is not something I've seen before. I'd think it can be corrected in college, but it is certainly costing him release time.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting. I don't pretend to know too much about proper throwing mechanics, but that odd motion he makes with the ball when starting his throwing motion is not something I've seen before. I'd think it can be corrected in college, but it is certainly costing him release time.
Brian will iron it out as the QB coach.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ha. I forgot that he's the new QB coach.

If you look at Kohl's throwing motion, he doesn't have any extra motion to his throw. He gets the ball out much quicker.

More Dan Marino style. The other positive for that style is with the ball being held higher a random reach from a Dlinemen is less likely to knock the ball out.

• Agree
Reactions: CyValley and Stewo

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Another day, another Iowa fan on Twitter acting like a douche.

Seriously, Iowa State just went to the Big 12 Title game two years ago and won a NY6 Bowl. No Iowa State fan right now is jealous of Iowa lol. We just want to beat them. That’s it.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Any 247 VIP members have to read this thread. Absolutely hilarious. A Minnesota writer says that the Iowa staff is the worst negative recruiters. Obviously, a mob of Iowa fans attack him. He replies with the fact that he talks to recruits all the time and that is what they tell him, to which the message board posters who have absolutely no leg to stand on still tell him he is wrong. Gold!

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Really interesting what Northwestern has going with recruiting. I really admire Fitzpatrick as much as he dislikes Iowa. They’re going to be interesting to watch in the NIL era. Small fan base that’s mostly apathetic but incredibly deep pockets.

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Really interesting what Northwestern has going with recruiting. I really admire Fitzpatrick as much as he dislikes Iowa. They’re going to be interesting to watch in the NIL era. Small fan base that’s mostly apathetic but incredibly deep pockets.
I think that right there is why Saban went off yesterday (although he’s a huge hypocrite). NIL may throw off the status quo now that the best schools and richest schools will be on similar playing fields as far as recruiting.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think that right there is why Saban went off yesterday (although he’s a huge hypocrite). NIL may throw off the status quo now that the best schools and richest schools will be on similar playing fields as far as recruiting.
He did the same thing with the early signing period. Didn't like that schools were able to lock up verbals that he could previously swoop in and poach at the last second.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He did the same thing with the early signing period. Didn't like that schools were able to lock up guys that he could previously swoop in at the last second and poach.
Yeah he can go **** himself lol. Acting like it’s not fair.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He did the same thing with the early signing period. Didn't like that schools were able to lock up verbals that he could previously swoop in and poach at the last second.

The early signing period should have happened 20 years ago. The amount of shady flip flopping taking place on national signing day was just gross and oddly it was almost always the SEC...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Any 247 VIP members have to read this thread. Absolutely hilarious. A Minnesota writer says that the Iowa staff is the worst negative recruiters. Obviously, a mob of Iowa fans attack him. He replies with the fact that he talks to recruits all the time and that is what they tell him, to which the message board posters who have absolutely no leg to stand on still tell him he is wrong. Gold!

Yeah, they don't take criticism well over there. lol They're trying to deflect and turn the narrative back to Fleck. I mean, Fleck is a clown, but both things can be true.