Audi Crooks commits to Iowa State

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I got a chuckle out of the very midwestern "near Nashua", as if that helps even most of the Iowa based people here know where you are talking about.

But I love Nashua - I used to go to the Big 4 Fair every summer with my Grandpa to watch his nephew in the chuckwagon races.

That is a very Iowa thing... "grew up near" some town of < 1500 people. And 80% of us could put it in the right quarter of the state anyway.

Reactions: NWICY and bawbie

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Looked at BEDS. Newman bounced up to 144. St Ed’s has dropped hard to 122 ( 8 man has a 120 cut so I’m not sure if they are 8 or 11). So if gariigan plays newman, they would be the bigger school.
They played 8 man this past year. They could have played 11 man but had a meeting to see how many would come out last fall and the numbers weren't there to play 11 man.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
She has talked about wanting to break her mom's HS records for career so that means she isn't moving. My daughter played against the DM AAUs and the Twin cities ones. There is no comparison with the comp level. TC blows aways the DM stuff. Even if she was during some of that circuit it would be better comp.
Didn't know about her wanting to break her mom's records. Appreciate the perspective.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
She would likely have to move away from her family and friends to implement that move. She will be moving on soon enough. And facing those bigger challenges.
Her family lives in Algona. Algona High is about half a mile away from garrigan.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They played 8 man this past year. They could have played 11 man but had a meeting to see how many would come out last fall and the numbers weren't there to play 11 man.
May have wanted to stay at 11 unless they have a larger graduating class since the state said the 120 was going to be a hard break. Rockford was forced up for two years and went 0-9, dropped down to 8 man and went to the finals.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Her family lives in Algona. Algona High is about half a mile away from garrigan.

I know. Algona would not really be much of an upgrade in competition. Stupid to transfer there. Audi plays with Molly Joyce at Garrigan. Garrigan is better than Algona.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Joyce is already a transfer, so she could go also.

They are happy playing together at Garrigan. They won the State Championship last year. They want to repeat as Champions. At Garrigan. They sure as hell aren’t transferring to Algona. That would make no sense at all. It would not enhance their careers.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I chuckled a wee bit at Connor's expense when I read the last line of his story about Audi winning the discus throw at the state meet. And I quote...

"Crooks will have a year to develop her game and attempt to make the jump from high school to college sports as formidable as possible."

I don't think "formidable" was the word he was looking for in relation to her transition.
:)

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I chuckled a wee bit at Connor's expense when I read the last line of his story about Audi winning the discus throw at the state meet. And I quote...

"Crooks will have a year to develop her game and attempt to make the jump from high school to college sports as formidable as possible."

I don't think "formidable" was the word he was looking for in relation to her transition.
:)
Informidable?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron