Jimbo Fisher unloads on Saban

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How about both just show some transparency and show us they didn't use some dirty NIL money to win over some players? You can talk a good game but there are no rules in place that players have to disclose who paid them how much and how they did it so until that's regulated more coaches can just say they are clean and doing things the right way and don't have to provide any proof of it. Hell didn't Saban make it known before the season that their QB that had not started a game in his career had nearly $1 mil in NIL money lined up before he even took a snap last season? Don't tell me he didn't have a hand in that somehow and not know anything when he threw out that number.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
What's the backstory here?

In short, Saban was presenting to local business leaders at some function. Saban goes off on a little tangent saying that A&M's entire recruiting class was bought and paid for (pay for play) and that is not the intent of NIL. While Alabama players have gone out themselves to find agents and deals themselves (according to Saban).

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
How about both just show some transparency and show us they didn't use some dirty NIL money to win over some players? You can talk a good game but there are no rules in place that players have to disclose who paid them how much and how they did it so until that's regulated more coaches can just say they are clean and doing things the right way and don't have to provide any proof of it. Hell didn't Saban make it known before the season that their QB that had not started a game in his career had nearly $1 mil in NIL money lined up before he even took a snap last season? Don't tell me he didn't have a hand in that somehow and not know anything when he threw out that number.

Agree...makes me think of the Roy Williams quote something about not having an email address and not knowing how email worked...in the 2010s! Yeah right...see no evil...

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I have zero inside knowledge about the situation, but I'm guessing there is a grain of truth on both sides:

- A&M did buy their players (in the sense of NIL)
- Saban probably does have a shady dark past
- 'Bama probably did all the exact same things that they are accusing A&M of doing.

If it's all legal now, why so butthurt?

Last edited:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It's disgusting how they're all admitting how they have done it for years yet the people reporting it have just looked the other way the entire time. Everybody knows the SEC and "blue bloods" have done this for decades, but pretend it doesn't happen.

Reactions: VeloClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Think I'm laying the points with Bama in that game vs. A&M this Fall. I suspect if Bama can run that score up it will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt