3x3 tournament

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Damn, that was a good game. Was hoping we could get a stop to have a chance to hit the game winner. Seemed like they couldn’t miss and Lauren Cox is still a monster.
Which game are you talking about ? Seattle game is still being played.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Link I posted was the replay of the Seattle game from a couple hours ago. ISU just played Texafornia -- I'll pay that replay link when I see it on Twitter.
Oh, ok, thanks! Was the Texafornia game close?

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Damn Cox and Taylor went off against us. Almost got a shot to win, too bad. Fun tournament and hopefully they enjoyed themselves!

Reactions: HawaiiClone

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Damn Cox and Taylor went off against us. Almost got a shot to win, too bad. Fun tournament and hopefully they enjoyed themselves!
Stupid, stupid, stupid me.
I forgot 11:50 was Eastern time. Missed the game. What was the final?

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Just watched the game against Seattle. It's really surprising how well we've adapted to the physicality of 3x3.
The bumping and contact in basketball equating or not equating to fouls has a enough give and take that it makes a case for their being give and take with penalties for foot lifting in race walking.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
You can watch the Texafornia game by using the Seattle game link and skipping ahead to 3:38:00. Then when the stream runs out at 3:45:00, click on the most recent stream on the right side of the page for the rest of the game. You do miss one possession but no scoring.

Reactions: HawaiiClone

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Texafornia wins the championship 22-15 over Rain City. So Iowa State played them much tighter and only lost to the eventual chchampionship. Great play throughout the tournament by the women!

Reactions: LindenCy

jwrussel

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Good showing. Easily the second best from the teams I watched, and the best of the college teams. Sounds like there was an emphasis to allow more physical play, as physical play is allowed more in the FIBA 3x3. This was to ISU’s disadvantage as far as performance, but exactly what ISU needs to experience in an off-season event. Learning to play against physical teams has to be an emphasis this off-season to improve (that and avoiding having games where they can’t make a shot like the Creighton game). Incorporating improved post play will also be key.
Realistic goals for this team have to include (1) winning the Big 12 (I think they can and should be better the Texa$ And Baylor I understand loses a lot), (2) capturing a 1 seed (or one of the best 2 seeds), (3) final four.