Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's probably not worth it. Yes, we have the witness and the police statement. However, it potentially puts a target on my daughter if they know our unusual last name. There just aren't very many of us with the last name Supercoolandsogoodlooking.

This. My first thought was a sharp ice pick stab through their cars tire sidewall. But then there's the new crazy world where they do something even worse so you can't.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Note to elderly out of shape self: When you go for a first bike ride of the year don't do the first six miles into a headwind gusting to 25 mph. :rolleyes:

Engaged sloth speed mode and slogged through 16 miles. DND
Kite flying weather here in charlotte too. 80 and stiff breeze

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Note to elderly out of shape self: When you go for a first bike ride of the year don't do the first six miles into a headwind gusting to 25 mph. :rolleyes:

Engaged sloth speed mode and slogged through 16 miles. DND
Doing the first 6 miles into a headwind is better than doing the first 6 miles into a tailwind and then having to turn around and finish the ride into a headwind. We always try to go out into the wind when possible so you aren't finishing into a headwind when you are tired.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Doing the first 6 miles into a headwind is better than doing the first 6 miles into a tailwind and then having to turn around and finish the ride into a headwind. We always try to go out into the wind when possible so you aren't finishing into a headwind when you are tired.

Or don't do a first ride when it's that windy period. But it's that ******* windy everyday so maybe no choice.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Have to schlep down to DSM "International" this morning to get our brains swabbed through our nasal cavity. Testing sites in Ames give you a 3-5 day window for results, The airport gives us a 24-48 hr window, guaranteed. Since we have to have it within 72 hours of boarding our international flight (6.15p in Detroit on Tuesday), it's worth the 2 hour round-trip to gitr dun down there. Blerg.

• Friendly

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Have to schlep down to DSM "International" this morning to get our brains swabbed through our nasal cavity. Testing sites in Ames give you a 3-5 day window for results, The airport gives us a 24-48 hr window, guaranteed. Since we have to have it within 72 hours of boarding our international flight (6.15p in Detroit on Tuesday), it's worth the 2 hour round-trip to gitr dun down there. Blerg.
All sympathy lost when you mention international flight. Wish I was going. Have fun.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
All sympathy lost when you mention international flight. Wish I was going. Have fun.
Thanks! One sister is already in Amsterdam, visiting friends. The other leaves tomorrow. We are the late arrivals. Amsterdam to Basil on the Rhine. Two days before in The Haag, two days after in Lucerne. The nerves surrounding the (very slim) possibility of a last minute cancellation due to an unexpected positive test have been giving me nightmares the past couple of nights!

• Love
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
As much as I love having MrsWx home it is annoying when she gets put on call, especially on a weekend. I would much rather have her make her normal rate (+weekend and/or night differential pay) than the $3/hr on call rate.

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.