Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My AC went on yesterday, window AC for a small house, but it works better if it doesn't get behind, so I started it yesterday morning before I left for the day.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Told Lew tonight that if the temp is the same tomorrow the air is going on. I'm giving in. It's the humidity more than the heat. Our garage floor has a 1/4" thick slick of moisture on it.

Reactions: wxman1

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Told Lew tonight that if the temp is the same tomorrow the air is going on. I'm giving in. It's the humidity more than the heat. Our garage floor has a 1/4" thick slick of moisture on it.
AC got turned on about 2 hours after this post. I slept SO much better last night!

Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
AC got turned on about 2 hours after this post. I slept SO much better last night!
This is the time of year when I really can't complain about being in Minnesota. It isn't getting deathly hot and it is too early for the Minnesota State Bird (mosquito). Last night Mrs. Velo and I laid down on a blanket on the deck staring at the moon and stars for about a half hour before bed. It was beautiful out.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We have a home in the neighborhood that still hasn't mowed the lawn. It's nothing but a sea of dandelions.

I've mowed the front and sides 3 times and the back twice.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We have a home in the neighborhood that still hasn't mowed the lawn. It's nothing but a sea of dandelions.

I've mowed the front and sides 3 times and the back twice.
I haven't mowed either, but most people mowed for the first time this last weekend around here. We will be delayed since I added top soil to the back where we removed the trees and then top dressed the rest of the lawn and seeded the whole thing. I was exhausted after going through that 10 yards of topsoil Thursday through Sunday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"Mulching Week" here at 500 House. Joy!

Roughly 37% done.

Delayed start this year, with all the rainy days and Mondays.

Did you do a tick check? Ticks are looking to be bad AGAIN up here in the north, even in peeps yards. Was bad enough when it was mostly off path in the weeds and long grasses or woods.

Even ordered some Permethrin impregnated cargo pants for woodland walkabout. Came yesterday and ,of course, they are at least a size too small. I'm a 31W and ordered 32W. They are more like 30W. Next size is 34W. I hate this aspect of internet orders, the sizing is all over the place. And, no, I didn't gain weight over the winter. Did a check on 31W pants I haven't put on in a while (it's mostly a pajama and blue jean life these days) and they all fit fine.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
This is the time of year when I really can't complain about being in Minnesota. It isn't getting deathly hot and it is too early for the Minnesota State Bird (mosquito). Last night Mrs. Velo and I laid down on a blanket on the deck staring at the moon and stars for about a half hour before bed. It was beautiful out.
There is enough decking inside the gazebo surrounding the hot tub for us to be able to lay down or sit in chairs without the bug issues (and trust me - our woods & creek produce LOTS of bugs}. They didn't understand why we wanted decking the whole way around the tub. That's why. :D

Reactions: NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Did you do a tick check? Ticks are looking to be bad AGAIN up here in the north, even in peeps yards. Was bad enough when it was mostly off path in the weeds and long grasses or woods.

Even ordered some Permethrin impregnated cargo pants for woodland walkabout. Came yesterday and ,of course, they are at least a size too small. I'm a 31W and ordered 32W. They are more like 30W. Next size is 34W. I hate this aspect of internet orders, the sizing is all over the place. And, no, I didn't gain weight over the winter. Did a check on 31W pants I haven't put on in a while (it's mostly a pajama and blue jean life these days) and they all fit fine.
I found a tick on my shoulder the other day already. It doesn't seem like it's been above freezing long enough for there to be ticks.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Had this show up in my facebook feed

View attachment 98696

Does it offer an option with a bird in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.