Houston, Cincy, and UCF set to join the Big 12 in 2023-24 season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah. the work requirement is very much depending on the advisor. Both my graduate school advisors were great. i only have to help them when they needed it in the field. never meaningless busy work
One of his friends in another lab had to get the dean to intervene so he could graduate. He had a job lined up and just needed to do his defense but advisor kept delaying that to get more work out of him.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Obviously it is. Pretty much everybody on this board probably went to ISU or some other college, we know. I highly doubt the guy was too heavily invested in properly displaying the exact cost of attendance for each university considering one column was basically to dig UT.
Yep, agree and I get it. I just know it's pretty common for schools to advertise/communicate their tuition cost similar to how that chart does, and there are a lot of first-generation college students/parents out there who see it and think that's what it's going to cost to attend.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yep, agree and I get it. I just know it's pretty common for schools to advertise/communicate their tuition cost similar to how that chart does, and there are a lot of first-generation college students/parents out there who see it and think that's what it's going to cost to attend.

I'm sure the guy who made the chart to make fun of UT will keep them in mind next time.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I know, that's what I meant as being misleading, not the poster verifying the figure. Should've been more clear. The chart/graphic that lists tuition is misleading because tuition is less than half of what it actually costs to attend in a given year for most students.
But Room & Board will vary less than tuition across the U.S. Food will be very comparable, room will vary some but not to the extent tuition does.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But Room & Board will vary less than tuition across the U.S. Food will be very comparable, room will vary some but not to the extent tuition does.
On-campus room/board at ISU is $9,100; on-campus room/board at Iowa is $11,500; on-campus room/board at UT Austin is $12,300.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

It’s the reason you’re here BYU. Every single BYU home game should kickoff at 9 pm CT unless stated otherwise by TV

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

TV will have a great idea of the interest in the Big 12 with 2 full seasons of data going into the new contract.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Houston and UCF have unlimited ceilings based on their location alone.

I absolutely think this conference will be more fun and competitive to watch in its new form. That part I'm excited about.

The part that sucks is we need a very strong media partner(s) to combat the SEC/B1G is best narrative. Nothing new there, but the business of college ball continues to suck