AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This is as objective as it gets. TH was/is a stud point guard. Steve Prohm knew that......and so did TJ or he wouldn't have wasted time making sure he kept his ISU LOI because he had no problem letting Bolton or anyone else take a walk.

And without him.....they don't do as well as they did. This isn't about an either/or. It was a team effort and he was the point guard on that team. Doesn't matter who is or isn't as big of loss..........IF.......you are being objective. You don't see people bad mouthing Brockington for not coming back. He could have.

And if losing Brockington is that much of a bigger deal.......then people should be bad mouthing him. But they aren't.......just Tyrese.

If it's for money like most are saying......does it matter anymore how they get it? If everyone says about Brockington....."good for you, go get paid", then why not Tyrese? Like I said.....he was just as big of cog as anyone in this 22 win season.

So why are so many down on Gabe? Without him we don’t do as well as we did. IF…….you are being objective.

And if we don’t have TJ as Coach then we don’t do as well. IF…….you are being objective.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones1969

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
So why are so many down on Gabe? Without him we don’t do as well as we did. IF…….you are being objective.

And if we don’t have TJ as Coach then we don’t do as well. IF…….you are being objective.
Gabe found his game in the NCAAs. He’ll be just fine next year.

Reactions: Cjreimer

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

So then you should be extolling the efforts of Hunter then as well, since he was as big a part of the season as anyone.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This is an incredible take right here. Duke has 22 guys on active rosters right now, about 4 times as many as ISU and outside of Kentucky has the best chance of sending a guy into the NBA. Also the kid's best offers out of HS were Wisconsin and Virginia. Not like he even had an offer from an elite program.
I agree that based on ranking he wasn’t going to Duke, but you can't look at number of NBA players by school and say that a given player has a better chance of going to the NBA if they play at Duke. They are in the NBA because they are pretty much all top 25 recruits, who pretty much all make it to the NBA no matter where they go unless something really goes wrong.

Horton-Tucker, Thomas, Niang, Morris and Haliburton are all guys outside the top 50 HS recruits in their respective classes. Now ISU has many more such players in the NBA than Duke, so does that mean ISU is better at "making" NBA players than Duke? Of course not, because those types of guys don't often see the court at Duke.

Duke doesn't make NBA players. Since coach K started embracing the one and done guys, players that are on their way to the NBA happen to go to Duke. They were going to make it to the NBA if they played at Duke, ISU, or Western Michigan.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Tyrese Hunter did great. No argument from me. Everyone’s contributions led to our success. Players as well as Coaches. You don’t seem to want to give the Coaching Staff the credit they deserve? Why?
Where is it that I didn’t give them credit? Hell during the season when people were losing their minds about how bad the offense was, I was one the people that defended the staff.

Weird you’re so invested when you said you weren’t going to watch anymore. Same with that jeresieb guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Cjreimer

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
First off…. Gabe showed he can be a positive for this team if he knows his role and his strengths. His strength is from 15 feet and in. He should almost never shoot 3’s.

As for Hunter…. I’m glad he’s going to get paid with the life he’s been dealt…. but I’m sad we couldn’t keep him…. but now that he’s no longer a Cyclone, my interest in him is gone.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019

Because Gabe was horrific on offense. I'll let you find me comparable players around the country as far as inefficiency and volume go. I couldn't find anyone close in the B12.

He's a great leader and very good defensively. I'm glad he's sticking around and think his leadership and defense are extremely valuable, especially with the loss of Tyrese.

But he was exceptionally bad on offense last year, and hasn't been very good since his freshman year. His highs are high, but his lows are far more common and extremely low. If he's a net neutral on offense next year it will be a big improvement.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and ZRF