AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Not saying we should believe everything we see on twitter. Obviously we do not. But where does this guy Ahrens who claims he is a CBKReport analyst get off on tweeting that yesterday? Is that a fake account?
There were people on this site who freaked out about that Donnie guy with 12 fake followers on Twitter a few years ago that Matt Campbell was headed to Florida State.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not saying we should believe everything we see on twitter. Obviously we do not. But where does this guy Ahrens who claims he is a CBKReport analyst get off on tweeting that yesterday? Is that a fake account?
A guy can do that, because that is the business model now. Whatever tiny bump you get for being actually accurate is dwarfed by the benefit of throwing as much **** on the wall early and see what sticks and gets clicks.

That's the great thing about a site like this, as there are enough people that wade through Twitter, share things, but also dig in to see who seems to actually be in the know, and who isn't. I sure as hell am not wasting my time doing that, but I'm grateful to those that do.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
There were people on this site who freaked out about that Donnie guy with 12 fake followers on Twitter a few years ago that Matt Campbell was headed to Florida State.
But was that 'Donnie guy' claiming he was from CFBReport?

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Just on eyeball test I'd rather have AJ next season especially with Williams coming on board. Williams+Green is going to be as good as Hunter+Brockington. I like big PG's too. Hunter gave up a lot of size. Defensively he was fine because of his speed, but he didn't do much taking it to the rack on offense. I thought he was soft in conference play.
I think he got tired of getting knocked on his ass and no foul called!

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
If my kid was an elite athlete and could help a team I coach or go play for a blue blood like Duke, he/she would be coming to play for the team I coached. Doing anything else would be ********. He should have already been in Ames. If he goes pro then so be it.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
The point is, and has been, ripping on a kid because he didn’t want to play for your team

People were jerking themselves off to how good the kid is going to be right up to the point he left

AJ is a very very good player. If he doesn’t stay in the G league, he’s going to make the offense look better because there will be at least one guy that is a consistent threat from deep. Defensively, it’s big step back.

But we’re not getting better at the point guard position. It’s ok to admit that. Not sure why people can’t
Don’t count out Eli King as point! He might just be to good to keep off the floor, kind of like Hunter!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
If my kid was an elite athlete and could help a team I coach or go play for a blue blood like Duke, he/she would be coming to play for the team I coached. Doing anything else would be ********. He should have already been in Ames. If he goes pro then so be it.
I would let my adult child make whatever choice they wanted.

Last edited:

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This is an awful take. My kid would be free to do what's best for him.

Kyle and Michelle are going to be just fine. If the best path for AJ to accomplish what he wants to accomplish is Duke, so be it. He already got the experience of playing for his dad for two years plus the injury year.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This is an awful take. My kid would be free to do what's best for him.

Kyle and Michelle are going to be just fine. If the best path for AJ to accomplish what he wants to accomplish is Duke, so be it. He already got the experience of playing for his dad for two years plus the injury year.

I made the mistake of clicking on the ignored content and was instantly reminded of why I decided to ignore that particular poster in the first place.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Nothing ensures a lasting positive relationship with your child more than dictating life decisions for them at 21, especially when it is to your benefit and not necessarily theirs.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I wonder if some of you actually have kids. First off it wouldn’t even be a question where they were going. If it was, it would be short lived.
I have kids and I would want what's best for them, not what's best for me. I don't know what that would be in AJs case since I'm not privy to all the information, but I could see a situation where the answer is Duke. Pretty easily actually.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Lol, ok. No one counts ppg that way when talking basketball statistics, but fine. Here's some other stats for you on Hunter. Below 40 fg%, below 30 3pt fg%, below 70 ft%. If you want to talk about his offensive numbers he was pretty inefficient on that end.

Edit: Oh yeah, assist to turnover ratio of 1.52 (rank if 252 nationally), which is.... not good. Should we subtract points from his ppg for turnovers?
Exactly. I've gone through the numbers elsewhere but it was pretty easily the worst season ISU had had at PG on offense since Diante Garrett's freshman year. It was a good year overall, especially considering that there wasn't a ton of offensive talent on the roster. But his play on offense was not that good. We all expected him to get better and take a jump on that end, the tools are definitely there. In reality though he was one of multiple very inefficient players on last year's roster. The difference is there's a lot more reason to believe he'll get better and become a plus player on that end in the future.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I wonder if some of you actually have kids. First off it wouldn’t even be a question where they were going. If it was, it would be short lived.

I think there's a time when the parents don't make choices for their kids.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We might have to wait a little longer for any news, or good news though.

"The combine will run May 16-22 in Chicago." "The NBA G League Elite Camp will also take place in Chicago on May 16-17 with players competing in front of NBA and G League scouts, coaches and front-office executives."

Edit: :(

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron