Breece Hall drafted in 2nd round by Jets -- No. 36 overall

iastatehunter

Jul 28, 2013
My initial thought is he will split carries in that RB room, but if you're a fantasy guy this guy seems to think Breece will be the workhorse back.

Have followed this guy alot this offseason and he is a BIG Breece Hall guy. Has basically said he is the 1.01 rookie by alot regardless of landing spot.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Highest draft pick for ISU in quite a while at least.

Chipping away at the drought. It'll happen sooner than later.
And I think X will be a nice prospect. But I don’t see the traits for a 1st round WR. Feels like a mid rounder.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned.

Obviously, the date isn't announced yet, but Bears at Jets this upcoming season.

I mentioned this to an Iowa State - Bears fan, and they said "I hope it's a windy blustery day where they have to run the ball a lot."

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Found this link on the Twitter. No idea who these guys are but they're pumped about the Jets O with the addition of Breece. They admit RB probably wasn't the biggest need at 36 but he was too good a talent to pass up.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
My initial thought is he will split carries in that RB room, but if you're a fantasy guy this guy seems to think Breece will be the workhorse back.

Breece is a great short yard back and a really good receiver, he's the perfect fantasy back.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Very pleased at the news. In 1982, ISU's 2 time all Big 8 RB, and 2017 ISU HoF inductee, Dwayne Crutchfield was also drafted by the New York Jets:

6-0 235 was massive for an RB in that era, and Dwayne "Crunch-field" as we was referred to in the summer magazines tended to seek out and destroy LBs and DBs on his way to the end zone. But, in all due respect, he did not have the upside of Breece Hall. In his era, Dwayne was described as a poor man's Earl Campbell, while Breece might be a cross between San Franscisco's (Davenport's own) Roger Craig, and the L.A. Rams' Eric Dickerson. He has a unique mix of power, grace, and speed. And I foresee many happy returns for in the years to come for the Jets.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Very pleased at the news. In 1982, ISU's 2 time all Big 8 RB, and 2017 ISU HoF inductee, Dwayne Crutchfield was also drafted by the New York Jets:

6-0 235 was massive for an RB in that era, and Dwayne "Crunch-field" as we was referred to in the summer magazines tended to seek out and destroy LBs and DBs on his way to the end zone. But, in all due respect, he did not have the upside of Breece Hall. In his era, Dwayne was described as a poor man's Earl Campbell, while Breece might be a cross between San Franscisco's (Davenport's own) Roger Craig, and the L.A. Rams' Eric Dickerson. He has a unique mix of power, grace, and speed. And I foresee many happy returns for in the years to come for the Jets.
Well, Craig is Breece's cousin...

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Good for him! How much will he make?
Sportrac estimates his rookie contract for 4 years will total around $9 million, with $3.7 million in a signing bonus. I think only the signing bonus is guaranteed unless you can negotiate something different.

I was a little slow!

Reactions: 83cy