Washington State transfer & former teammate to Jaz Kunc considering Iowa State

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
oh I usually use espn, the mobile view isn't too bad IMO... but at least it doesn't adjust to Per-40 without any real labeling
It doesn't. Scroll up and look at what was posted. The largest text on the entire image and in red says PER 40 MINUTES.

On the webpages it lists per game first and then totals. You have to scroll down quite a bit to get the information in a per 40 or per 100 possessions format.

Reactions: ComCY

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
It doesn't. Scroll up and look at what was posted. The largest text on the entire image and in red says PER 40 MINUTES.

On the webpages it lists per game first and then totals. You have to scroll down quite a bit to get the information in a per 40 or per 100 possessions format.
I understand that per-game has been used forever and will be slow to die, but the slow adoption of per 100, particularly in college, is sort of mind-boggling.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016

whoops, need more coffee.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I understand that per-game has been used forever and will be slow to die, but the slow adoption of per 100, particularly in college, is sort of mind-boggling.

What are your thoughts on 40 min versus 100 possessions?

I like 40 minutes for college because tempo can play such a big part, especially in the Big 12

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

I like 40 minutes for college because tempo can play such a big part, especially in the Big 12

I like per 100 exactly because of tempo. If you’re playing 30mpg at, say, Iowa, your per 40 stats are going to be way lower than 30mpg at Iowa State. Per 100 possessions eliminates tempo and a better apples vs apples comparison on usage and efficiency.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like per 100 exactly because of tempo. If you’re playing 30mpg at, say, Iowa, your per 40 stats are going to be way lower than 30mpg at Iowa State. Per 100 possessions eliminates tempo and a better apples vs apples comparison on usage and efficiency.
I think they are all useful and frankly each can tell you something about the player.

Moar data!

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Efe is actually 15th in Jeff Goodman's rolling portal rankings, which kinda surprised me he was that high. Also he's got Hunter 3rd, but hasn't updated today for AJ Green.

• Informative
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I assume per-100 is more precise, as it applies to production. But for me, per-40-minutes is more intuitive: If a player produced at the same pace and played ALL THE TIME, what are the averages/percentages?

Per-100, I have to think how it'd convert to game-by-game basis.

It's a "me" problem, you see. :)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Efe Abogidi, BVP/Basile would be two great pieces to finish off the front court!

Efe's box score */- for 2021/22 was higher than IB and Jaz by a pretty wide margin
If somehow we could just channel this into something constructive!

-Cheaper By The Dozen

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I assume per-100 is more precise, as it applies to production. But for me, per-40-minutes is more intuitive: If a player produced at the same pace and played ALL THE TIME, what are the averages/percentages?

Per-100, I have to think how it'd convert to game-by-game basis.

It's a "me" problem, you see. :)
“To multiply forty-six times forty-six, you figure how much greater forty-six is than twenty-five. The answer is twenty-one. Then you figure how much less forty-six is than fifty. The answer is four. You square the four and get sixteen. You put the twenty-one and the sixteen together and the answer is twenty-one sixteen, or 2,116.

To multiply forty-four times forty-four, you figure how much greater forty-four is than twenty-five. The answer is nineteen. Then you figure how much less forty-four is than fifty. The answer is six. You square the six and get thirty-six. You put the nineteen and the thirty-six together, and the answer is nineteen thirty-six, or 1,936.”
― Frank B. Gilbreth Jr., Cheaper by the Dozen
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1925199-cheaper-by-the-dozen
LOL

• Haha
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
“To multiply forty-six times forty-six, you figure how much greater forty-six is than twenty-five. The answer is twenty-one. Then you figure how much less forty-six is than fifty. The answer is four. You square the four and get sixteen. You put the twenty-one and the sixteen together and the answer is twenty-one sixteen, or 2,116.

To multiply forty-four times forty-four, you figure how much greater forty-four is than twenty-five. The answer is nineteen. Then you figure how much less forty-four is than fifty. The answer is six. You square the six and get thirty-six. You put the nineteen and the thirty-six together, and the answer is nineteen thirty-six, or 1,936.”
― Frank B. Gilbreth Jr., Cheaper by the Dozen
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1925199-cheaper-by-the-dozen
LOL

Wow, I didn't realize it was so simple! Thanks! :D