Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If you want a perfect encapsulation of where Iowa basketball is right now, both their message boards have a thread talking about how the 175th ranked recruit is so good, the inevitable starting PG, and “the real deal”.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
TJ should reach out for Joe T. Would be a good get for the cyclones.

He'd never come here to play 5 minutes a game as a backup to Hunter.

Honestly to use a baseball term, Joe T is basically a replacement level player in CBB. Doesn't hurt Iowa to lose him honestly and if ISU decided to use a scholarship on a guy like him I'd be disappointed.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Definitely will be interesting to see what Kris does. If he leaves, Iowa is going to be really bad next year.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Definitely will be interesting to see what Kris does. If he leaves, Iowa is going to be really bad next year.
Yep, I think he comes back and would be wise to, but don't know what his NBA prospects are either. I'm guessing he would go 2nd round or undrafted. If that is the case, I think he comes back.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The helicopter parenting and don't live through your children..
Honestly, he doesn't really do that. At least not on Hawkeye report. His posts are usually pretty reasonable, and he really just comes off as a parent who cares about his kids. He doesn't do a ton of helicoptering. It's just dangerous to be interacting with fans. There's a lot of potential for drama there.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah, I think he handles everything pretty well. Let Kenyon be the spokesperson as the boys seem pretty introverted and just let them concentrate on school and hooping. It's seemed to work so far.
I mean theyre 22. Not really boys.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The helicopter parenting and don't live through your children..
NTM the attention ***** aspect. The only BB parent I remember posting here is Monte’s mom and she was completely on the other end of the spectrum from KM.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, I think he handles everything pretty well. Let Kenyon be the spokesperson as the boys seem pretty introverted and just let them concentrate on school and hooping. It's seemed to work so far.
The Murray twins shouldn't need a spokesperson, even if they are introverted. Kenyon doesn't need to be posting on twitter or message boards talking about Kris and Keegan all the time. I understand caring about his kids, but he doesn't need to interact with fans on his kid's behalf.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I think Kenyon is generally thoughtful and has decent insight. There are a few things I've read that are a bit cringy, but whatever. He's clearly raised two pretty good sons as you rarely hear anything negative about them, even from ISU fans.

I think what rubs people the wrong way is you rarely see parents of D1 athletes engage in message boards or social media the way Kenyon does (at least with their REAL names). Damn right he's proud of his kids and he should be, but when you're all over social media and message boards and you're coming from a place of good fortune (real or perceived) it's generally not well accepted.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
NTM the attention ***** aspect. The only BB parent I remember posting here is Monte’s mom and she was completely on the other end of the spectrum from KM.
I guess I missed Monte's mom on here, but Georges' mom was a regular poster. She was fun and very reasonable but even she got into it with a few of the regular naysayers on here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron