Will Sam Mcguffie follow Herman?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
there has been some talk on this...Sam was a 4 star running back that played for michgan last year and plans on transfering..possibly follows herman to isu?

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, I'm sure Rhoads would say, "No, we have a guy who hasn't played a down of college ball yet, but he's good enough. Stay away."

Come on SoutherHawk, we are I-State. We turn away 4* recruits all of the time. Why else can you explain the fact we rarely.never have 4* recruits in our classes. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with our record and is simply the fact we turn them down.:wink:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Well we would have A-rob, schwartz, and bo...where would mcguffie fit in? even after A-rob graduates he'd be a third string back.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Bo is staying. I pointed out in another thread that Rhoads has been calling him about every other day, and recruited Bo out of high school

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Were not going to turn him away; however, like others say, he wants to play closer to home.

As for the Bo issue, I don't know how many times we have to go over this. BO IS STAYING. It is next to impossible for a player to transfer twice and the primary reason he transfered here was for playing time which he gets less of with every transfer.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I'm sure our RB situation would cause him to not want to come to ISU. Of course we would take him, but I doubt he would come, even if he were initially interested (is there any real reason to believe he would be?).

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
there has been some talk on this...Sam was a 4 star running back that played for michgan last year and plans on transfering..possibly follows herman to isu?

Possibly a stupid question, but since he didn't play for
Auburn last year would he be allowed to play for any team next season, and not have to sit out or lose another year. Or since he commited to Auburn would that change anything

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
Were not going to turn him away; however, like others say, he wants to play closer to home.

As for the Bo issue, I don't know how many times we have to go over this. BO IS STAYING. It is next to impossible for a player to transfer twice and the primary reason he transfered here was for playing time which he gets less of with every transfer.

It's very possible if you are looking to transfer from ISU. Tyrone McKenzie transfered to ISU from Mich. State, then transferred to USF. I however can not imagine wanting to spend two years watching your teammates play while you couldn't.