Somebody has to do it

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Justin Hamilton needs to get some props for his play lately. The guy has only been playing basketball for 4 years and was expected to red shirt this year. He has put on 35 lbs since this time last season and has done pretty well for himself IMO. That is all, thank you!!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Justin Hamilton needs to get some props for his play lately. The guy has only been playing basketball for 4 years and was expected to red shirt this year. He has put on 35 lbs since this time last season and has done pretty well for himself IMO. That is all, thank you!!

You can see his confidence growing with each game. He has a look on his face like he wants the ball.

His position work has been fantastic. When Brackins gets the ball, Justin is working hard to free himself up so that Brackins can dump the ball to Justin in the post when the double team happens.

His has been a pleasant surprise thus far. I hope he doesn't hit the freshmen wall.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
personally, i think his stats are a little misleading at this point in his career. I still feel like he looks really uncomfortable on the court. But, with that said he has only been playing for 4 years so that is going to be natural. Here is to him becoming the next jared homan

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I completely agree and apparently he is very coachable too - the sky is the limit for this guy and I look forward to seeing him the next 4 years.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I was quite surprised to learn he hadn't played bball sooner.

Anyone know why he didn't start sooner?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Imho, Ham is THE #1 key to 2009/10 not that he isn't this year. But if he can develop going into his Soph season like I think he can the presense Brackins and he will make will drastically change how other teams are forced to defend us. Our shooters will get much better looks and the teams that double-down on Craig will get burned on multiple fronts. Throw in a slasher like Gilstrap and we might be going somewhere.

Pretty exciting really, I just hope Greg can coach him up like I think he can because I think the skill set is there.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
He's got great hands and good jumping ablility. If keeps playing like he is, he'll take a lot of pressure off Craig Brackins.

My pet peeve with this team is lack of rebounding and crashing the boards. I think Hamilton is part of the answer to that problem.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
The extra meat on his frame has given him a legit Big 12 body. Now he just needs to learn to use it. McD has made a career out of turning guys like Ham into fundamental based ballers. Ham is McD's pet project, I would expect him to grow more than anyone on the team over the next two seasons.

summit

May 9, 2008
He played two years of High school football (9th and 10th) was a TE. He also played Lacrosse in 9th grade. He was an excellent snowboarder and skateboader through his 9th grade year. He also played baseball for 6 years (through the 8th grade). He did play Jr. Jazz basketball (rec leagues) in the 6th and 7th grade. He made the sophmore basketball team in high school but only played less than 18 min the whole season. Played summer AAU basketball and went to many college camps after his sophmore year. Started and lead JV team in jr. year in scoring, rebounds and minutes. Only played 30 mins of varsity ball in Jr. year. The rest is as they say history.

Last edited:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
He played two years of High school football (9th and 10th) was a TE. He also played Lacrosse in 9th grade. He was an excellent snowboarder and skateboader through his 9th grade year. He also played baseball for 6 years (through the 8th grade). He did play Jr. Jazz basketball (rec leagues) in the 6th and 7th grade. He made the sophmore basketball team in high school but only played less than 18 min the whole season. Played summer AAU basketball and went to many college camps after his sophmore year. Started and lead JV team in jr. year in scoring, rebounds and minutes. Only played 30 mins of varsity ball in Jr. year. The rest is as they say history.

Wow, looks like you know a lot about his background. Do I recall right that you know him? I thought you mentioned that in another thread.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
You can see his confidence growing with each game. He has a look on his face like he wants the ball.

His position work has been fantastic. When Brackins gets the ball, Justin is working hard to free himself up so that Brackins can dump the ball to Justin in the post when the double team happens.

His has been a pleasant surprise thus far. I hope he doesn't hit the freshmen wall.

Already hit it...just after school started...I'm sure there will still be some struggles but for the most part he should be through it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I thought this was only his third year playing basketball.

I thought I heard he had a huge growth spurt before his junior year which lead him to playing basketball. If that's incorrect please let me know.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
The majority of his baskets have been on easy dunks on feeds from other players. Those are going to be a lot harder to come by when we get to conference. Hopefully he will still be able to contribute solid minutes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron