Caitlin Clark

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I watched the second half last night and the talent Clark has is undeniable. She's a very good player. At times she tries to do too much though and her team suffers because of it. I was also very unimpressed with her attitude. It seemed like the other team and the officials got in her head and it impacted her performance. As just one example, she spent the last few seconds of the game screaming at the officials instead of trying to make a play on the ball a few feet from her. She likely wouldn't have been able to do much anyway, but standing there screaming and pointing at the officials while there is still time on the clock and the ball is a few feet away from you is not something you're looking for from your leader.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I watched the second half last night and the talent Clark has is undeniable. She's a very good player. At times she tries to do too much though and her team suffers because of it. I was also very unimpressed with her attitude. It seemed like the other team and the officials got in her head and it impacted her performance. As just one example, she spent the last few seconds of the game screaming at the officials instead of trying to make a play on the ball a few feet from her. She likely wouldn't have been able to do much anyway, but standing there screaming and pointing at the officials while there is still time on the clock and the ball is a few feet away from you is not something you're looking for from your leader.

She sounds like Connor McCaffery only with basketball skills

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Have no idea why she left. IF it was due to BF's hard coaching, then she really did herself no favors. I have to think that the demands that CBF puts on his guards would be hard BUT also beneficial to a player in maximizing her potential. Whatever the reason, Kylie, imho, has really not improved her situation by going to TOE (she has not increased her playing time nor has she improved as a ball player). I have to think that is due, in some part, to the fact that it is Clark's team first and foremost, their center is the secondary option, and everyone else takes a huge backseat. It would be hard to improve as a guard on that team because your opportunities to utilize your offensive skills are severely limited due to the Clark effect.
She knew what she was getting into because that is how club basketball was. The Clark show- She would be a good option off the bench shame it didn't work out.

Reactions: kentkel

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
She knew what she was getting into because that is how club basketball was. The Clark show- She would be a good option off the bench shame it didn't work out.
Yep - she did.

She started 24 of 28 games as a freshman, averaged 21.9 minutes and 5.5 points a game.

At Iowa, has not started a game, averages 16 minutes and 4.05 points per game.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone13

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I mentioned how Clark was acting in the game last night and Mrs. Velo said she wasn't surprised. Apparently Mrs. Velo went to school with her mother and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
It was a travel before a foul.
I watched it several times. I thought it was a good "no call". Iowa player shoved the Ohio State player with inside position (probably a foul on Iowa) forward to get the rebound. Then when she tried to clear the crowd got her feet tangled up (or stumbled) and fell (traveling) loosing the ball to another Ohio State player. This was my take on it.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a ref blow the whistle for a foul in a similar situation at the end of a game when not an extremely blatant foul .

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Have no idea why she left. IF it was due to BF's hard coaching, then she really did herself no favors. I have to think that the demands that CBF puts on his guards would be hard BUT also beneficial to a player in maximizing her potential. Whatever the reason, Kylie, imho, has really not improved her situation by going to TOE (she has not increased her playing time nor has she improved as a ball player). I have to think that is due, in some part, to the fact that it is Clark's team first and foremost, their center is the secondary option, and everyone else takes a huge backseat. It would be hard to improve as a guard on that team because your opportunities to utilize your offensive skills are severely limited due to the Clark effect.

I mean I get it. Playing for BF isn't for everyone and some payers figure that out once they get here. That's kind of been the pattern under BF for the last 15 years. He hasn't changed his coaching style at all and kids are rarely coached that way in high school anymore. It's a big adjustment coming into his program.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No. Why do I feel like it's worse in the women's game. Like dad's in the women's game seem to be a little nuts. We just happen to have the president of that club rooting for his daughters

I used to umpire baseball, softball and and would do middle school boys and girls basketball tournaments. I can tell you that the girls games were brutal to work as far as parents go.

Help Support Us

Become a patron