CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
I find it perplexing that during the Hoiberg era, he took on guys that had negative past transgressions and that was perfectly ok and acceptable in cyclone fans eyes. Comparitively speaking it makes sense does it not? If we are comparing things like this today.

You are truly one of the dumbest mother ******* to post on this board

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Racism, violence, and pedophilia are equally deplorable acts. You don't look more favorable on David Duke just cause he didn't touch kids like Jerry Sandusky. Both are deplorable human beings. If Iowa treated kids differently cause they were black, and Kirk was part of that, then its racist. It doesn't matter if it was just dress code and meal plans. Its a deplorable act and its deplorable that people would defend it because it's "just a dress code."
Here you go.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are you going to call out the guy who claimed pedophilia and rape the same as making a guy wear a trashcan for an hour same thing?
Never saw the post but I'll publicly say right now that one of those acts is not the same as the other. Not even in the same stratosphere. I never equated the acts of rape, pedophilia, or racism though. Each one of those is terrible individually and to try and tell someone their situation isn't as worse as rape would be minimizing the trauma they went through.

The situations such as Nassar at Michigan State, JoPa and Sundusky at PSU, and Kirk at Iowa are all different and terrible in their own ways. I will not compare any of the acts. The thing you can compare is the power situations of specific people that allowed certain acts to be committed under their watch and failed to stop them / even care about them.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
He's saying they're ALL bad and you can't water down what Kirk Ferentz allowed because "Hey, it's not as bad as the Penn State coach who was touching kids." I think that's a fair thing to say wouldn't you?
He literally said in his opening line that they are equally deplorable acts. I don’t think there’s anybody in their right mind that can equate them.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
He's saying they're ALL bad and you can't water down what Kirk Ferentz allowed because "Hey, it's not as bad as the Penn State coach who was touching kids." I think that's a fair thing to say wouldn't you?

First, you’re assuming he actually thinks racism is bad, he’s never once even said that in this nonsense

Imagine trying so hard to defend racists, because you support them, that you are reduced to a pathetic attempt at semantics.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He literally said in his opening line that they are equally deplorable acts. I don’t think there’s anybody in their right mind that can equate them.
I guess I didn't read it as each single one is the exact same as the other. I read them as they're all deplorable. They're all bad. Because they are. I don't think anything else really needs to be said on that.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston

Like I said in my other post. No one defends David Duke cause he wasn't touching kids. Racism is bad. Pedophilia is bad. People that do those things should see repercussions. At a minimum you'd think that should cost someone their job. Penn State understood that. Society took it a step further and put Sandusky in jail. Should Kirk go to jail? No. Should there be repercussions for reprehensible acts? Absolutely.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Never saw the post but I'll publicly say right now that one of those acts is not the same as the other. Not even in the same stratosphere. I never equated the acts of rape, pedophilia, or racism though. Each one of those is terrible individually and to try and tell someone their situation isn't as worse as rape would be minimizing the trauma they went through.

The situations such as Nassar at Michigan State, JoPa and Sundusky at PSU, and Kirk at Iowa are all different and terrible in their own ways. I will not compare any of the acts. The thing you can compare is the power situations of specific people that allowed certain acts to be committed under their watch and failed to stop them / even care about them.

I agree, not excusing racism whatsoever. I can’t define racist acts for African-American people though. There’s definitely a handful of stories i.e. telling the kids they can go back to the ghetto, that are overtly racist. But several of the stories that came out I didn’t view as racist because I could’ve just as easily envisioned myself saying the same things to my white friends. I.e. you wearing that mask to go rob a liquor store. I think the overall insensitivity of the staff between the Kallenberger story and Brian Ferentz just being an outright ******* needed to be addressed.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
IF this is such a cut and dry situation and cover up, how in the world would Doyle be able to sue the university if they fired him?
You don't have to have a winning case to file suit. And law suits tend to bring light to things that the participants might want kept in the dark. If you know you don't have a winning case but you know that the opposition doesn't want related things to see the light of day you can "win" a settlement.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I agree, not excusing racism whatsoever. I can’t define racist acts for African-American people though. There’s definitely a handful of stories i.e. telling the kids they can go back to the ghetto, that are overtly racist. But several of the stories that came out I didn’t view as racist because I could’ve just as easily envisioned myself saying the same things to my white friends. I.e. you wearing that mask to go rob a liquor store. I think the overall insensitivity of the staff between the Kallenberger story and Brian Ferentz just being an outright ******* needed to be addressed.

Holy ****

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Like I said in my other post. No one defends David Duke cause he wasn't touching kids. Racism is bad. Pedophilia is bad. People that do those things should see repercussions. At a minimum you'd think that should cost someone their job. Penn State understood that. Society took it a step further and put Sandusky in jail. Should Kirk go to jail? No. Should there be repercussions for reprehensible acts? Absolutely.
OK I agree with that. There’s many bad things that happen but that doesn’t make them equally bad. Personally from what I’ve read, Doyle absolutely had to go. Brian probably should’ve gotten fired but at minimum should’ve been suspended. I think if Kirk didn’t have his overall “good guy” reputation to that point, he would’ve been canned as well.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron