CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Because Kirk et al can't be trusted. He lies, prevaricates, and stonewalls. He has total control over every single thing in the program and it is highly suspect to believe that everything is all fixed now. Why do you so quickly gloss over 20+ years over bad doing. I know why- it is much easier to tilt at windmills in Kirk's defense rather then readily admit you support his racism due to the results on the field.
pretty impressive to say I support racism when I have said I do not. Why are you saying everything he has done in his 20+ years is bad? I support Iowa football, Kirk is the coach and is attempting to better himself and the treatment of players in the program and I am on board with that. CF thinks he is the Devil

• Dumb
Reactions: Cycho1

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
let me ask you, does the number of accusers matter in any situation? are you saying Doyle should have stayed because in fact, 8 isn't enough?

I'm not labeling KF anything nor have I said he hates anyone. I spoke about the facts of the matter and then applied my opinion about what should have happened with him.

if you want to take liberty with the things I wrote and misconstrue them, you're really no different than the people you seem to take issue with.

my personal opinion is this...KF knew and allowed some things to happen, that while he may not have agreed with, he ignored...and that is part of racism, thinker...and if you don't understand that, with all respect to you, you need to learn some more about the subject.
The fact that Thinker and other Iowa fans on here believe you can fix systemic racism In a matter of 18 months, while not removing the man who created the culture the systemic racism developed from, means they are completely ignorant on the subject at hand.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
let me ask you, does the number of accusers matter in any situation? are you saying Doyle should have stayed because in fact, 8 isn't enough?

I'm not labeling KF anything nor have I said he hates anyone. I spoke about the facts of the matter and then applied my opinion about what should have happened with him.

if you want to take liberty with the things I wrote and misconstrue them, you're really no different than the people you seem to take issue with.

my personal opinion is this...KF knew and allowed some things to happen, that while he may not have agreed with, he ignored...and that is part of racism, thinker...and if you don't understand that, with all respect to you, you need to learn some more about the subject.
So now he is partly a racist? what player and former player is calling him a racist though?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
pretty impressive to say I support racism when I have said I do not. Why are you saying everything he has done in his 20+ years is bad? I support Iowa football, Kirk is the coach and is attempting to better himself and the treatment of players in the program and I am on board with that. CF thinks he is the Devil
His track record proves he is not a good person when the camera isn't on him.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The fact that Thinker and other Iowa fans on here believe you can fix systemic racism In a matter of 18 months, while not removing the man who created the culture the systemic racism developed from, means they are completely ignorant on the subject at hand.
Fixed no, fixing yes. systemic racism now? the whole Iowa system is racist? and has been forever? ignorant is ignoring progress and refusing to see it IMO. I do not think wearing a hoodie is just black culture, things like that make me question the motive. I myself have not been allowed to wear certain clothes to work, but I am not saying it is against my culture because of it. haircuts and tatoos the same way. I am not sure how that is a racist culture.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok, so you hate him and have a blind spot for good things he has done?
I could probably pull of a slew of tremendous things that bad people have done. Doing good things doesn't outweigh the bad, especially when the bad things are terrible.

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
So now he is partly a racist? what player and former player is calling him a racist though?

and you don't get it...which is fine...a lot of people don't and that's understandable. spend time with people who devote their lives to fighting this thought process and you may see a different perspective. I'm still learning but I'm happy to know that I don't look at school colors or wins and losses or only the good things people have done to justify their stay.

if this exact situation were at ISU, i'd have the same stance. i can say that with 100% assurance. you're simply looking to make this a fan issue...and it's not.

good luck!!

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

Oddly enough I would somewhat agree with you if he would have genuinely gave an effort to change after the 2018 internal review showed the same issues the Husch Blackwell one did, but he didn't until it blew up publicly. There was no blind spot, he had the previous review in hand and did nothing until Daniels shed light on it publicly.

This all just fostered the racism even if he didn't have a hand in it he didn't want to change anything to make it better for his players.

1. On June 7, 2020, Ferentz said...
    1. That he didn’t recall learning of anything that alarmed him or alerted him to inappropriate treatment of student-athletes in his program prior to Daniels and others speaking out publicly last month.
  2. And the big tell from Ferentz;
    1. “I think you could argue that (the Iowa Football culture) has been healthy based on results,” the coach said.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Should Joe Paterno been the one to lead change at PSU? Domestic Violence, Child Rape, Racism are all hideous. Paterno should have been the change agent at PSU. Why wasn't the coach at Baylor Basketball allowed to be the change agent? Because sometimes you don't deserve to fix what you broke.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Like forming a committee after the 2018 that he attended once and thought it was a pain and never met with them again? @Thinker is Kirkkk's new committee going to be similar to the 2018 one?

This is documented. Imagine thinking documented facts are dumb.

At least that poster is honest in their support of racism.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
let's all just step back for a bit...it's unconscionable to me, that in the world we live in, there is even a discussion about this and that ANY of the actors involved are still part of the program, let alone allowed to form a committee for topics that shouldn't require committees.

what possibly does KF have on the UI that allows he and his son, along with any others who have been implicated, to remain employed there?

Your asking Iowa fans to acknowledge there were even racial issues to begin with.... good luck with that.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ok, so you hate him and have a blind spot for good things he has done?

There is no amount of goodwill a person should be able to build up to offset years of racially motivated decisions. I honestly don't understand how this is even a debate for you guys?

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Should Joe Paterno been the one to lead change at PSU? Domestic Violence, Child Rape, Racism are all hideous. Paterno should have been the change agent at PSU. Why wasn't the coach at Baylor Basketball allowed to be the change agent? Because sometimes you don't deserve to fix what you broke.

It was all I could do NOT to bring Penn State, Baylor, Michigan State, US Women’s Gymnastics into this argument…but thank you for doing it…the logic fits, even if the behaviors are different.

• Winner
Reactions: jmb

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I read earlier that Ferentz was scheduled to give his deposition for the racial discrimination lawsuit in January but they didn't give the exact date. I've also read that depositions are not public unless the deposition is used as evidence in the trial. I sure hope that we eventually get to hear what Ferentz said under oath.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Imagine equating the situation at Iowa to literal child rape and molestation. JFC

Reread the statement…the behaviors are different…the logic is sound though…if you’re part of the problem, you (probably) shouldn’t be allowed to be the fix

People have a weird way of protecting, supporting or justifying people’s actions when they don’t want to believe that someone could be bad or exhibit poor behavior.

Nobody wanted to believe that those awful things happened and to this day, some people defend their leadership despite what we know…I think that’s the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlisle Clone