Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

There isn't just one that surprises. I guess in the ACC it would be Virginia. Even in a down year Bennett can get them to play good enough to beat an AP 25. After that, 3 in the Big Turd....Illinois, Iowa and Michigan. And then Texas.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
There isn't just one that surprises. I guess in the ACC it would be Virginia. Even in a down year Bennett can get them to play good enough to beat an AP 25. After that, 3 in the Big Turd....Illinois, Iowa and Michigan. And then Texas.

Beyond that - Iowa doesn't even have a quad 1 win yet.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If they don't get this one will they get any?

According to bracketologists.com, they have 5 chances left as of today. vs. #6 Purdue, @ #23 Ohio State, vs #18 MSU, @#42 Michigan, @ #13 Illinois

I'd venture they'll end up getting one of those. Fran once in awhile fails forward and gets a nice win.

However need to factor in the Fran fade :D

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If they don't get this one will they get any?
Would need a win tonight vs. Purdue. If not then they’d need to win next Thursday @ Ohio State. 19 days later they get MSU at home and then two weeks after that they play @ Illinois in the final game of the year.

* forgot michigan

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
holy ****, Iowa lost to Rutgers?? I was on vacation last week and missed it. Damn it, I would have had a good night with a glass of wine and a Hawkeye meltdown.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Would need a win tonight vs. Purdue. If not then they’d need to win next Thursday @ Ohio State. 19 days later they get MSU at home and then two weeks after that they play @ Illinois in the final game of the year.

* forgot michigan

So, two home games?

The arm flailing in those will be intense.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
holy ****, Iowa lost to Rutgers?? I was on vacation last week and missed it. Damn it, I would have had a good night with a glass of wine and a Hawkeye meltdown.

A lot of whining about a late foul call being the worst call ever in the history of the world, like Kansas didn’t get a three between ISU free throws or something?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A lot of whining about a late foul call being the worst call ever in the history of the world, like Kansas didn’t get a three between ISU free throws or something?
It was a terrible call. Kansas getting 3 points while no one was paying attention is actual cheating lol

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The very worst

Iowa fans have a right to be upset after that call though, it was bad and I think it's something can all agree on. Was it a foul? Yeah, but that wasn't a foul all game so you have to swallow the whistle there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was it a blarge? Ref unsure what to call so he calls a foul on both players? Or he assigns it to the wrong player to avoid fouling out a critical player for the other team? Which of those was that?

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Iowa fans have a right to be upset after that call though, it was bad and I think it's something can all agree on. Was it a foul? Yeah, but that wasn't a foul all game so you have to swallow the whistle there.
I really think that would of been ticky-tac if that was first foul of the game. It's a week later though.

Tonight's game is biggest game of the year. With a win I think we would be near a lock at this point in season with a loss we will be a 8 seed to bubble type until we beat a quad 1 team. That's a massive difference based off 1 game.