Ndsu

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I put out some feelers this morning and what I heard about this was about the same thing. The AD is a complete horses ass about all of this and there sounds like there literally zero support for this move (for obvious reasons). Revenue increase will be minimal at best and like what the hell else are they gonna use the west gym for? I heard there is a groundswell of effort building to throw some money around but idk how far that will go.

It’s just a shame. I’m obviously no panther fan but as a wrestling fan there’s literally nothing like place.

They're going to end up tearing it down and moving wrestling into another building on campus that they'll share with softball.

The incompetence of the UNI Athletic department is astounding and it all starts at the top.

Thanks for that, guys... :jimlad:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They're going to end up tearing it down and moving wrestling into another building on campus that they'll share with softball.

The incompetence of the UNI Athletic department is astounding and it all starts at the top.

Wtf? I feel bad for Schwab honestly. He seems like a dickhead on the mat but I’ve met him a few times. Nice guy really.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wtf? I feel bad for Schwab honestly. He seems like a dickhead on the mat but I’ve met him a few times. Nice guy really.

He's definitely, um, passionate? But yeah, he and his wife are really good people and they do a lot in the community. UNI is lucky to have him now he just need support.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I was there around 2015 for my son and a wrestling camp. A couple wrestlers showed a few of us around, they were sinking a good chunk of money into the basics then. Seems to be a waste if they tear it down.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU