Most popular cheap beer by state

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
When I was in high school, Keystone just came out and I believe is was less than $4 for a 12 pack. You could also buy a pack of smokes for less than $1. So when I handed my over-age buyer a $10 bill, they were making out big time.

Edit, this was the late 80's. It may have been like $3.39 for a 6 pack, not a 12.

Reactions: CYdTracked

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't know anyone that drinks bud light.

I worked a can collection sorting drive for charity for several months, and I PROMISE there are a ton of people that drink Bud Light. Old people drink a lot.

That said, at least in CR, Busch Light is way more popular.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
My wife and I tailgated by ourselves for a game last season. We had smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail with some fancy beer.

I felt like I needed a Hugh Hefner robe and/or a pipe.
Did some smoked salmon just yesterday.. not that fancy for tailgating though.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I call Busch Light "piss light" because it is basically is like drinking your own piss when it comes to cheap beers. Anheuser-Busch makes both Busch Light and Bud Light and honestly both taste about the same to me so it would not surprise me if they put a different label on the same product and we are all just fools to think there is a difference.

All I drink anymore are craft beers and distilled liquors so my palate does not register with cheap domestic beers anymore.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I call Busch Light "piss light" because it is basically is like drinking your own piss when it comes to cheap beers. Anheuser-Busch makes both Busch Light and Bud Light and honestly both taste about the same to me so it would not surprise me if they put a different label on the same product and we are all just fools to think there is a difference.

All I drink anymore are craft beers and distilled liquors so my palate does not register with cheap domestic beers anymore.
I am and am not curious how you know the similarities that you speak of.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

There’s definitely a taste difference between Busch light and bud light.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
About 10-15 years ago we did a tailgate taste test between Busch Light, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, and Hy-Vee brand.

The people that were most vocal "I'd never drink ....., it tastes like piss" seemed to be the ones that could never identify their favorite.

The people that said "Don't care, beer is beer" were able to separate Busch Light from Miller Lite/Bud light but they really didn't seem to have a preference between the 3.

Everyone identified the Hy-Vee brand and hated it. To be fair, I don't think it was the light version. We ended up using this beer in the bong.

8 people were tested and it was not scientific.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

1643118984275.png

• Haha

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Agree 100%. I can't understand the appeal of cheap beer (bush light). As in anything in life, good isn't cheap, and cheap isn't good.

What a snobby attitude this is. Good isn’t cheap and cheap isn’t good? Just because something is expensive doesn’t make it good either.