Ndsu

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
ESPN+ doesn't have rights to Oklahoma's Tier 3 home events. OU's Tier 3 is through Bally Sports (formerly FSN).

The Oklahoma vs Missouri match was on Bally+ in KC. Though it never showed up on the Spectrum guide, it was on and also listed in the KC Star.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I looked at the Okla wrestling site earlier and most of their duals have been televised--but by a variety of sources.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So this might be one of those add a sports package via a random email address for 3 days for free then cancel it scenarios.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The Oklahoma vs Missouri match was on Bally+ in KC. Though it never showed up on the Spectrum guide, it was on and also listed in the KC Star.

It was. The concern with Friday is that there is an OKC Thunder game on Bally at the same time as the ISU-OU dual, and I'm not certain if they could/would split out an alternate channel just for wrestling.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I looked at the Okla wrestling site earlier and most of their duals have been televised--but by a variety of sources.

They've only had 2 home duals -- those are the ones that count if we're trying to figure out potential sources. Bedlam was on ESPNU, and the Mizzou dual was on Bally.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
After a quick search is seems that Bally ( if they happen to televise it ) is only on Direct TV Stream in their 84.00 package . No free trial but they have a 14 day money back guarantee so it looks as if you could pay for the month and then ask for a refund within 14 days.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
After a quick search is seems that Bally ( if they happen to televise it ) is only on Direct TV Stream in their 84.00 package . No free trial but they have a 14 day money back guarantee so it looks as if you could pay for the month and then ask for a refund within 14 days.

Good luck with that :oops:

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Depending how messy the exit goes with OU, it makes sense for both for OU to wrestle in the Big 12.. But if OU pulls anything like they insist wrestling to be on Bally, adios.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Depending how messy the exit goes with OU, it makes sense for both for OU to wrestle in the Big 12.. But if OU pulls anything like they insist wrestling to be on Bally, adios.

It's not just wrestling. It's their entire Tier 3 -- WBB, non-con MBB, WR, VB, etc. -- just like Texas has LHN, OU was in a long-term deal with (at the time) FSN. So those two weren't part of the ESPN+ deal like the other 8 schools.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'd love to have all of Big 12 wrestling on ESPN+, but it'd be pretty difficult to arrange the terms and considerations for the affiliate schools.

• Informative
Reactions: CyDawg23

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's not just wrestling. It's their entire Tier 3 -- WBB, non-con MBB, WR, VB, etc. -- just like Texas has LHN, OU was in a long-term deal with (at the time) FSN. So those two weren't part of the ESPN+ deal like the other 8 schools.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'd love to have all of Big 12 wrestling on ESPN+, but it'd be pretty difficult to arrange the terms and considerations for the affiliate schools.
Screw them!