CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Big surprise. They'll do nothing and wait for it to blow over. Like they always do. And the reporters will get short answers from KKKF or get their press passes revoked. They've been pulling the same crap since ORF.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Big surprise. They'll do nothing and wait for it to blow over. Like they always do. And the reporters will get short answers from KKKF or get their press passes revoked. They've been pulling the same crap since ORF.
What is Iowa and Kirk supposed to do? Seems like the Gazette just wants him to turn in his pink slip and is all they will accept.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It is totally reliable to use current players. They are the ones on the "front lines" so to speak. Keep cherry picking

Battered wives very frequently will not testify against their abusive husbands.

Same concept here. Fear and denial on the part of the victims is a real thing.

So just because no one came out afterwards (by which time, maybe, just maybe the coaching staff got on their best behavior) is not proof of innocence of the past 20(?) years. It IS a data point, but just one of many, and they ALL need to be understood in context.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Now something that does happen is recalled meat getting reused once they cook the **** out of it.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Battered wives very frequently will not testify against their abusive husbands.

Same concept here. Fear and denial on the part of the victims is a real thing.

So just because no one came out afterwards (by which time, maybe, just maybe the coaching staff got on their best behavior) is not proof of innocence of the past 20(?) years. It IS a data point, but just one of many, and they ALL need to be understood in context.
Not the same concept. Violence and battered wives to go along with stereotyping and verbal altercations are not one in the same.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I fail to see a story here. You all bring up past players and say the current players do not matter. Ones that transfer can go wherever they want with the current transfer rules. That has changed and not sure why that would "scare" a kid. We just had our 3/4 string wr transfer within the conference to Purdue. I am not sure his career was altered here. He is going to try to make the league as a wr in a better system. We had 2 others in 2021 leave like that to Purdue and KSU as DBs. Again I am not sure what you guys are wanting or know, but it is not making sense here.

Probably because people like your dumb a** never acknowledged what the past players even said. Everything was swept under the rug and it's a shocker that Kirk handling this incorrectly is coming to light... In your Kirk was never a problem yet he continues to F this up. What a guy...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Probably because people like your dumb a** never acknowledged what the past players even said. Everything was swept under the rug and it's a shocker that Kirk handling this incorrectly is coming to light... In your Kirk was never a problem yet he continues to F this up. What a guy...
Basically kirk is either an incompetent leader or he was OK with it. Both seem fireable for someone making 5 million a year.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I would LOVE to hear Iowa fans take if this was happening with PJ Fleck at Minnesota. You guys would be all over it.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not the same concept. Violence and battered wives to go along with stereotyping and verbal altercations are not one in the same.
Stereotyping. ThE mental hoops You have to do is mind blowing.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I fail to see a story here. You all bring up past players and say the current players do not matter. Ones that transfer can go wherever they want with the current transfer rules. That has changed and not sure why that would "scare" a kid. We just had our 3/4 string wr transfer within the conference to Purdue. I am not sure his career was altered here. He is going to try to make the league as a wr in a better system. We had 2 others in 2021 leave like that to Purdue and KSU as DBs. Again I am not sure what you guys are wanting or know, but it is not making sense here.
Thanks for making my point. The fact that the Gazette wrote the article proves there is a story here.... a very disturbing one at that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What is Iowa and Kirk supposed to do? Seems like the Gazette just wants him to turn in his pink slip and is all they will accept.
I havent read this whole thread, but from some of the posts in here i get the idea that some think "well if 90% of the players say things are fine, then its not an issue".

But that's not how things work. Even 10% having issues, if those issues are not addressed\outright ignored, is an issue.

And the issues don't always come out right away. There's an activity I was involved with back in college, where I'd guess 99% of participants have great experiences. I personally had a couple of the best summers of my life being involved. But over the years, people including friends of mine have come out with stories of mistreatment all the way up to sexual assault. Like in Kirk's program, there was an atmosphere in a lot of these groups that leadership is not to be questioned, or even that some kinds of behavior is just 'how it is' due to tradition ("The Iowa Way" sounds pretty similar tbh). Current members are the most susceptible to this. Now a lot of these groups are facing a reckoning and heads are rolling when its found they do not have an adequate accountability process- something Kirk clearly doesn't have when he dominates the athletic department and has control over the mechanisms which would hold him accountable. With that kind of power should come a corresponding level of responsibility. Kirk has failed in that regard, and should have faced consequences for that.