CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
So what is the story? If there is a story, you can't tell me the people that follow the Hoks, both fans and rivals that follow the program recruiting more than the average Joe, don't know what this is about.
If it is truthful, we should all know. Might change my prespective on this whole situation. If it is full of hearsay and half truths then it will blow up in their faces. Is this something both of the investigations missed that was not reported on?
You guys know how chocolate milk is made?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This a cloud that will hang over the program until the athletic dept properly handles it. Ferentz has been busted twice on it and now has a pending lawsuit. Regardless of how the lawsuit gets resolved, People are always going to be wary of the Ferentz family and Barta. Clean house, and put it behind you to ensure a new beginning.
Cleaning house is not happening. Fixing the issues is what has happend and will continue to happen. Personally I would like Brian gone. But he is not going anywere. He is feeling the heat right now in Hawk land for his allogations and OC performance too.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Cleaning house is not happening. Fixing the issues is what has happend and will continue to happen. Personally I would like Brian gone. But he is not going anywere. He is feeling the heat right now in Hawk land for his allogations and OC performance too.
Until Brian is gone, they have not fixed the issue.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Yes, because in an environment with a history of retaliation towards those who spoke out, I'm sure all the current players feel 100% confortable with actually voicing their exact opinions.
No team is ever 100% satisfied. That is why you saw a lot of players leave ISU this Nov and Dec. That is why the portal is so big. Now it Tracy comes out and says a bunch of stuff about Brian then I will pull up my chair and see how Kirk deals with it. But to this day that has not happened.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
You're right. They are barely clinging to life.
They know something, but if they let it out, It would be the final nail in the coffin.
It's why none of the central Iowa reporters aren't going near the story. They could lose their whole career for reporting a single detail.
Q drop lol

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Until Brian is gone, they have not fixed the issue.
I disagree there, putting a muzzle on him and making him accountable within the program is what should be done. We all just do not see or hear about those decisions, right or wrong.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I disagree there, putting a muzzle on him and making him accountable within the program is what should be done. We all just do not see or hear about those decisions, right or wrong.
"Hey we know you have documented biases against blacks, but if you promise to chill out and be fair moving forward we're cool."

• Winner
Reactions: cyclone4L

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
How do we know that this is happening?
As a public university in the state of Iowa (which yours and my tax dollars go), we should be given transparency.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I agree that they will not clean house. They are scared of the unknown outcome. ISU dumped Eustachy despite his on the court successes. They knew keeping him was bad for the brand. Keeping Ferentz around (especially with a pending lawsuit) is bad for the brand.

Ferentz has been blessed with really easy schedules and thus a gaudy win loss record. How is Hok nation going to feel if the Hoks lose 4 or 5 conference games when they finally have to face the better teams in the east they have been avoiding for years? Will Hoks start eating their own and want the $7 million dollar man gone?

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Why is it a problem if kids inside the program think it has been great? Less transfers than the beloved ISU program...... Kirk is transparent to his team and parents of his players. That is all that matters in the grand scheme of things.
As the highest-paid taxpayer-funded public employee of the State, I think the bar should be a wee bit higher for good 'ol boy KKKirk.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Well for one, current players are not talking about it at all.
That is not a reliable statistic in this instance.
The main victims (and there were several) that came forward were former players speaking of past transgressions. Some of these victims are current NFL players.

In my opinion, I highly doubt a current player would ever come forward. Much like the papers, he would kiss his career with the HOKs goodbye if he did that.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
How do we know that this is happening?
As a public university in the state of Iowa (which yours and my tax dollars go), we should be given transparency.
Im sure Nick Saban is also thinking the same way as you.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That is not a reliable statistic in this instance.
The main victims (and there were several) that came forward were former players speaking of past transgressions. Some of these victims are current NFL players.

In my opinion, I highly doubt a current player would ever come forward. Much like the papers, he would kiss his career with the HOKs goodbye if he did that.
It is totally reliable to use current players. They are the ones on the "front lines" so to speak. Keep cherry picking