09-10 North Champs???

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
I'm looking at the football schedule for the next three years. I believe we are young and just on the threshold of something special. While all other schools are getting rid of the majority of there players, we will have the nucleus of our team back for the next 2-3 years. The following are the schedules and my predictions for the next 3 years:

2009-2010 (9-3, Big 12 North Champs!!!!)
North Dakota St. (W)
Iowa (W)
at Kent St (W)
Army (W)
K-St (W)
at Kansas (W)
Baylor (L)
at Nebraska (W)
at Texas A&M (L)
Oklahoma St.(L)
Colorado (W)
at Missouri (W)

2010-2011 (7-6)
Northen Illinois (W)
at Iowa (W)
Utah (L)
UNI (W)
Texas Tech (L)
at K-St. (W)
at Oklahoma (L)
at Texas (L)
Kansas (W)
Nebraska (L)
at Colorado (W)
Missouri (W)

2011-2012 (6-6)
at Utah (L)
Iowa (W)
at Connecticut (L)
UNI (W)
K-State (W)
Texas Tech (L)
Oklahoma(L)
Texas (L)
at Kansas (W)
at Nebraska (L)
Colorado (W)
Missouri (W)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We've got a total of 9 wins in the last 3 years combined and we're going to equal that all in one year - in '09?

Ok. :)

Tomclone

Dec 27, 2008
Adel, Ia
new year's is over. Time to sober up. I see 3 road wins in 09 in Big 12? When was our last big 12 road win? At nebraska? They just won a bowl game. I hope this is now what most Clone's are expecting for the new coaching staff! 6 wins would be fantastic next year but I would expect fewer with the new staff to adjust to. The brutal '10 schedule may deplete our ranks for some of the 'beatable' teams.

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
I'm just looking at how many gaems we "should have won" this year (UNLV, Kansas, Colorado, K-State, and yes, Iowa) We were young and inexperienced combined with some questionable coaching. I believe that while all other schools are saying goodbye to some very good players, we will be embracing the majority of our players back. I think they will learn how to change those close loses into wins. Maybe I am drinking too much cardinal n gold kool-aid, but I really believe we will be much better next season. Just a prediction!!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I just LOVE all these threads. Pretty much the exact same thing was predicted for ISU by a very vast minority of folks on this site - and we went on to win a grand total of two games last year. Could we have won 8 by the outcome of some of those games? Yeah, we could have. But guess what? We only won 2. That and we've won 9 games in 3 years and are on our 3rd head coach in 4 years. Guess what - those aren't recipes for for a team to win a championship next season.

At this point I'm not predicting us to win any championships and I'll believe we win a championship when it happens...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't count any road game as a win right off the top. Would I like to see us walk into Kansas and win next year? Damn right I would! Am I expecting it? By no means. I'm honestly worried about going into Kent State just because we haven't proven we can win on the road. Same with at Nebraska and at Missouri in 2009. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it'd be a Kansas-esque turnaround if it did. (2-10 to 9-3)

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
new year's is over. Time to sober up. I see 3 road wins in 09 in Big 12? When was our last big 12 road win? At nebraska? They just won a bowl game. I hope this is now what most Clone's are expecting for the new coaching staff! 6 wins would be fantastic next year but I would expect fewer with the new staff to adjust to. The brutal '10 schedule may deplete our ranks for some of the 'beatable' teams.

If our last Big 12 road win was at Nebraska, we haven't won on the road in the conference in 1977.

Our last Big 12 road win was against Texas A&M in 2005, but we really, really should have won at Colorado this year.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If our last Big 12 road win was at Nebraska, we haven't won on the road in the conference in 1977.

Our last Big 12 road win was against Texas A&M in 2005, but we really, really should have won at Colorado this year.
Should have...but in true Iowa State fashion...found a new way to lose a game :no:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Jon Miller proclaimed months ago that he looked at the schedule and can see ISU tied for first in the North next year. If a hawk fanatic thinks ISU could win the North, then we should at least entertain the idea.

Still, I don't see us winning at Nebraska

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This isn't a serious post is it? Anything better than this year's 2-10 record will be improvement but getting even 6 wins will be a stretch. Then the next 2 years are daunting with the schedule we'll have. Thinking maybe by 2012 we'll be in a position to think about this hopefully.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Jon Miller proclaimed months ago that he looked at the schedule and can see ISU tied for first in the North next year. If a hawk fanatic thinks ISU could win the North, then we should at least entertain the idea.

I usually enjoy Jon's perspective, but if he did actually say that, he's lost his mind.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Why would Jon do such a thing? Oh yeah, that's right - he can't have too many Cyclone fans pissed at him and at times he needs to be a goodwill ambassador so we continue listening to his radio show so he gets good ratings.

Is it possible we win 9 games next year and share the division title? Yeah. Was it possible last year? Yeah. Was it possible the year before? Yeah. See a trend here?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Next year we're going 3-1 NC and 3-5 conference. 6-6 total and I'll take it.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
2009-2010 (7-5)
North Dakota St. (W)
Iowa (W)
at Kent St (W)
Army (W)
K-St (W)
at Kansas (L)
Baylor (L)
at Nebraska (L)
at Texas A&M (L)