Racism Solved in Iowa City

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I certainly won't argue your conformation bias comment. Go to Hawkeyereport.com and you can certainly see their version of confirmation bias. It's as strong, if not stronger, than the bias in this thread.

However, these are the undisputed facts and they are provided in chronological order:
  1. Two independent investigations find racism in the football program.
  2. The head coach in charge of the football program hand picks members of a committee charged to help root out the racism.
  3. The hand picked chair of the committee suggests it would be best if the head coach and athletic director were no longer part of the program.
  4. The coach dissolves his hand picked committee.
  5. The coach is awarded a contract extension and raise worth $7 million per year.
Your comment that there's "not much of a story here" only shows your own confirmation bias.
Your bias is showing.
You missed some facts.
He said today the football program implemented all of their recommendations. Another committee member seems to suggest Porter was on an island with those comments. And Iowa has an entirely new position in the AD to implement diversity and inclusion policies.
The advisory committtee is just that advisory. And it also appears it wasn’t a functioning committee during the football season. And apparently it’s being restructured. Further I have seen nothing but positive comments coming from the players currently there. It would be interesting to here from guys that just left as to what they think. But to me the changing of the committee is a nothing burger. If you hate Iowa and KF though it’s a story to latch onto and yell and scream about racism.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
None of it will see the light of day. Iowa will never let that get out. They got kirk removed from the lawsuit, and they will give the players a few million tax payer dollars in return for their NDA

it will be a minor story when Brian is named head coach I’m waiting in two years, but all will be forgotten by then.
Brian being named head coach in a couple years would be such a benefit for ISU. Don’t overthink this Iowa, make it happen.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Your bias is showing.
You missed some facts.
He said today the football program implemented all of their recommendations. Another committee member seems to suggest Porter was on an island with those comments. And Iowa has an entirely new position in the AD to implement diversity and inclusion policies.
The advisory committtee is just that advisory. And it also appears it wasn’t a functioning committee during the football season. And apparently it’s being restructured. Further I have seen nothing but positive comments coming from the players currently there. It would be interesting to here from guys that just left as to what they think. But to me the changing of the committee is a nothing burger. If you hate Iowa and KF though it’s a story to latch onto and yell and scream about racism.
In regards to your nothing but positive comments, how many negative and racism comments did you hear come out before this?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Your bias is showing.
You missed some facts.

The facts I listed in my post are documented and indisputable. You say another committee member suggests Porter is on an island? Incorrect. The committee member said only there are others who disagreed with Porter's comments - that's a far cry from suggesting Porter was the only one who felt this way. You say everything you hear from the players is just fine. Well there are 55 former players and a current player to say it's not fine at all, but you can go ahead and discount them. Confirmation bias.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I could be wrong, but if they settle the suit before it gets to a trial, I believe all evidence could be sealed???? - Not sure on this.
Do you think the evidence would be discussed by the media if it wasn't sealed. Only any bits and pieces that can be spun to exonerate Kirk would even be discussed. Sad but true.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Winning 10 games a year makes a lot of things disappear.

cD9TKs.gif

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
The facts I listed in my post are documented and indisputable. You say another committee member suggests Porter is on an island? Incorrect. The committee member said only there are others who disagreed with Porter's comments - that's a far cry from suggesting Porter was the only one who felt this way. You say everything you hear from the players is just fine. Well there are 55 former players and a current player to say it's not fine at all, but you can go ahead and discount them. Confirmation bias.

Some of them have their talking points down. The rest will trickle back in, and pretend like nothings wrong.

or they’ll say that they really want change, but gosh they support the kids.

And that will be excuse they use to show how little they really care about what happened, and allows them to hope Iowa keeps winning.

Remember, when they tell you that nonsense, you can support kids to have success, and root against their team.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Some of them have their talking points down. The rest will trickle back in, and pretend like nothings wrong.

or they’ll say that they really want change, but gosh they support the kids.

And that will be excuse they use to show how little they really care about what happened, and allows them to hope Iowa keeps winning.

Remember, when they tell you that nonsense, you can support kids to have success, and root against their team.
No matter what happens within the state of Iowa and Iowa football..... other big ten teams will be using this against them in the recruiting world. And rightfully so. We should too.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
1620 The Zone in Omaha this morning called Ferentz the most powerful coach in the NCAA...only second to the dude at Alabama. The whole idea of that a coach, who basically has beat one top 20 team in 3 years, going through a tough summer, gets a $2M/yr raise, contract through 2028, and a bazillion $ buyout...

Of course, Nebby knows full well how to overpay coaches...

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
No matter what happens within the state of Iowa and Iowa football..... other big ten teams will be using this against them in the recruiting world. And rightfully so. We should too.

Every school that recruits against Iowa will continue to use it. Iowa high school coaches will remember what Barnes did to Deyo too. The impact of losing Doyle will also be something to keep an eye on next year and beyond.

it will impact recruiting, it did this year.

Iowa’s gonna have to pony up a lot of nil money like they did for Nwankpa to get anything other than offensive linemen, defensive backs, and legacies and fan boys.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

I think we might already be doing this, but without naming Iowa directly. There's a video clip of Campbell speaking to all the recruits and their families at last weekend's Junior Day recruiting event. Campbell said there's never been a better time to come to Iowa State in terms of their culture. I'm guessing that comment may have been somewhat intended for in-state students who are also looking at Iowa.

Reactions: cyclone1209

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KGYM sports radio in the CR area this afternoon is not surprisingly on the KF bandwagon. I know that’s shocking. They know where their bread is buttered.

Mark Dukes basically said it came down to KF’s word against Porter’s…. and he’s shockingly on KF’s side. You could tell he didn’t believe one word of Porter’s.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
1620 The Zone in Omaha this morning called Ferentz the most powerful coach in the NCAA...only second to the dude at Alabama. The whole idea of that a coach, who basically has beat one top 20 team in 3 years, going through a tough summer, gets a $2M/yr raise, contract through 2028, and a bazillion $ buyout...

Of course, Nebby knows full well how to overpay coaches...

He's basically Joe Pa now. What he says and does is all that matters in that athletic department. Until, of course, something bad gets reported and then he knows nothing of the situation. The only difference is that we don't treat racism with near the scrutiny as child molesters. So he was able to just simply remove a scape goat and move along.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
KGYM sports radio in the CR area this afternoon is not surprisingly on the KF bandwagon. I know that’s shocking. They know where their bread is buttered.

Mark Dukes basically said it came down to KF’s word against Porter’s…. and he’s shockingly on KF’s side. You could tell he didn’t believe one word of Porter’s.

I disagree. I’m sure he actually does believe that the white coaches showed up to a meeting that they were resentful for even having to attend, and offered nothing.

he doesn’t care. Like all other Iowa fans, he doesn’t care.

this is how Kirk got to be the most powerful man in the state.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
He's basically Joe Pa now. What he says and does is all that matters in that athletic department. Until, of course, something bad gets reported and then he knows nothing of the situation. The only difference is that we don't treat racism with near the scrutiny as child molesters. So he was able to just simply remove a scape goat and move along.

What an outstanding comparison. Paterno had absolute power like Kirk does, and was able to make everything disappear.