Tennis 2022

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So...can Rafa win Australian Open with all the drama of late and Federer sitting it out? Doesn't matter to me how it happens...but it would be fun to see him win another grand slam event. That said...things will have to go almost perfect for him to come out with the tournament.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
So...can Rafa win Australian Open with all the drama of late and Federer sitting it out? Doesn't matter to me how it happens...but it would be fun to see him win another grand slam event. That said...things will have to go almost perfect for him to come out with the tournament.
Only if his knees and feet hold up. But even then, Medvedev and Zverev are clear favorites.
Hope it’s Medvedev.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I would like to see Medvedev or one of the Americans win. Ready for some different faces.

It would be great for a new wave of players to take this stage...going into this year I would have guessed Rafa and Roger are done winning Slams. But with the situation Djoker got himself into...I thought Rafa could benefit...maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: mynameisjonas

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I love the coverage of the AO...especially the out-of-arena shots...summer...I miss it!

We now have ESPN+, I don’t know if that is going to improve coverage or not? I wind up trying to hear hits but not John McEnroe or Chris Evert. And I prefer live even with the weird hours. I don’t suppose they show more courts on it? I prefer close matches and not the top seeds versus some qualifier in the early rounds.

Reactions: cyfanatic

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Nadal only has 1 Australian Open title, back in 2009. Medvedev is a pretty big favorite to me. He's great on hard courts.

Disappointed Djokovic isn't playing. I think he's the GOAT and would love to see him cement that legacy with his 21st grand slam.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
We now have ESPN+, I don’t know if that is going to improve coverage or not? I wind up trying to hear hits but not John McEnroe or Chris Evert. And I prefer live even with the weird hours. I don’t suppose they show more courts on it? I prefer close matches and not the top seeds versus some qualifier in the early rounds.

I don't know about improving the coverage, but with ESPN+ you'll be able to pick from 12-16 different courts instead of just settling for whatever match(es) ESPN wants to show you.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I have loved the last 20 years of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. Tennis is my favorite sport easily, and we will never see what those three have done ever again. I actually want the new guys to take over for good and for Federer, Nadal and Djokovic to all end at 20 slams. Each of them in my opinion offers something to the GOAT debate and for what they did for the game of tennis globally.

To me it would be kind of cool to see them all finish with the same total. But realistically Djokovic will likely end with the most, and he's my least favorite of the three for a variety of reasons.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have loved the last 20 years of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. Tennis is my favorite sport easily, and we will never see what those three have done ever again. I actually want the new guys to take over for good and for Federer, Nadal and Djokovic to all end at 20 slams. Each of them in my opinion offers something to the GOAT debate and for what they did for the game of tennis globally.

To me it would be kind of cool to see them all finish with the same total. But realistically Djokovic will likely end with the most, and he's my least favorite of the three for a variety of reasons.

That would be ideal! But...unfortunately Djoker has some left in him (hope I am wrong).

Reactions: jctisu

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Part of what I enjoy about the AO is the odd hours (back here)! I have visited the Melbourne Tennis Club (or whatever they call it) during the Australian offseason (for tennis). Maybe because it is a fresh start to the season but this slam event really gets my attention (although all of them really do).

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I hope Fritz, Korda, and Opelka all take a step were closing in on a 20 year grand slam drought for the Americans and that's disgusting

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I really do like that I can scan through the various courts and choose which match to watch. I was watching Chris, John and McKendrie (sp) during a break talking in the studio (Evert back in Florida) and they went after Djoker hard for the stunts he pulled in the past two weeks. Shocked me a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: carvers4math

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I really do like that I can scan through the various courts and choose which match to watch. I was watching Chris, John and McKendrie (sp) during a break talking in the studio (Evert back in Florida) and they went after Djoker hard for the stunts he pulled in the past two weeks. Shocked me a bit.
Is Chris still commentating with the health issues?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't know about improving the coverage, but with ESPN+ you'll be able to pick from 12-16 different courts instead of just settling for whatever match(es) ESPN wants to show you.

Yes! There will be some five set match going on and they want to just show the top seeds versus someone you have never heard of getting beat down