Twister Sister Summary - Whining doesn't cut it...but defense does

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW
Coach even said on CW's Tuesday radio show that Czinano was probably going to get hers. They were going to contest the entry pass to limit her touches. He all but told the listeners that the intention was to not foul her on the block if she got the entry pass. The game plan was executed well. Czinano missed some bunnies in the first half because she expected contact that was not there.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Bluder capped off her classy night by leading her team in a jog straight/immediately to the locker room without the usual postgame handshake. Just typical "I'm going to pout if I'm not winning" 2nd grader stuff.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
That’s not from the east side of the state? Holy S*** that’s pathetic

Keep in mind that the Register and Iowa City Press Citizen share articles. This was probably written by the Press Citizen person.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So, let me get this straight, crybaby Bluder's team had limited/no practice during their Co-Vid situation so that is supposed to be one of the big reasons they lost? Consider this: we were without Fritz and Diew last night, and MEM is still slowly coming back from injury & only played a handful of minutes. Last week, we were EXTREMELY short-handed against LSU also, but I never heard Coach Fen make excuses why we lost OR why we could have beaten the HOKS by twice as much if we had been completely healthy. But her excuses fit right in with the arrogance of the majority of that fan base - a perfect marriage!

cyclone93

Feb 13, 2008
I actually thought the most impressive part of the game was the way Donarski refused to be screened while guarding Clark...she fought her way through every screen all night long, and I don't think I can even remember a time where we switched the screen and got stuck in a mismatch, or even where we had two guards switch the screen. That is really hard work on her part, and she played a ton of minutes and never let up...just a terrific effort on her part, and made everything Clark got really difficult. You almost never see that in men's basketball these days, where a shut-down defender never switches off of a star offensive player -- great job by Lexi, and a key to winning that game.

CY9395

Jun 7, 2010
Not to mention that if Clark is ever injured/out, would they even know how to run a play? It is kind of an all in for them...and whoa buddy, Clark is going to be exhausted by the end of the season.
Didn’t work for Dowling with Clark there and it won’t work for Iowaa

Reactions: ISU71

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I think she probably transferred to get away from Coach Fen. Some players can take him others can't. I hold nothing against her. Good for her if she found a situation that fits her better. I just hope she doesn't start taking on the whining personality of Frau Blucher like most Iowa players seem to.

Good lord...every single time someone leaves the program THIS stupid thing resurfaces. Just stop.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Bluder capped off her classy night by leading her team in a jog straight/immediately to the locker room without the usual postgame handshake. Just typical "I'm going to pout if I'm not winning" 2nd grader stuff.
After the buzzer, the coaches waved at each other and our team was celebrating mid-court. I am not surprised that they went straight to the locker room. Emily Ryan made it a point to wave to the coaches.

As for Kylie, she first entered the game after the first media timeout. And I don't think the crowd really recognized it. IMO she hasn't gained anything on the defensive end. It looked like our girls knew her weakness and blow right by her.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
As for Kylie, she first entered the game after the first media timeout. And I don't think the crowd really recognized it.

There were some scattered boos during the first half, but mostly gone after halftime.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
As an aside I got a chuckle out of my wife when she asked "my goodness, is Christine McVie (of Fleetwood MAc) at the game?"

Guess which coach she was referring to?

• Haha
Reactions: Three4Cy

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I finally watched the game. The three things that stood out:
1. Everyone played well. Ashley took a ton of shots, but her shot selection was fine. But it was a quiet 26 points in a way.
2. Lexi Donarski is the player of the game for me. She made life difficult for Clark the whole game.
3. Our weakness in general is post play, but I thought our posts played quite well. Kane especially played VERY smart.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I finally watched the game. The three things that stood out:
1. Everyone played well. Ashley took a ton of shots, but her shot selection was fine. But it was a quiet 26 points in a way.
2. Lexi Donarski is the player of the game for me. She made life difficult for Clark the whole game.
3. Our weakness in general is post play, but I thought our posts played quite well. Kane especially played VERY smart.
Like EM and Wise before her, Lexi's offense is secondary, if that's possible, and defense is what they were on the floor for. Dog the opponent's best player, guard, or forward, and if you score too that's good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron