Yonger Bastida Big 12 Wrestler of the Week

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I may or may not be working on having a story on Yonger in the very near future. I don't know if you guys know this but I am fluent in Spanish! :) Just a nugget I thought I'd drop before the holiday.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I may or may not be working on having a story on Yonger in the very near future. I don't know if you guys know this but I am fluent in Spanish! :) Just a nugget I thought I'd drop before the holiday.
Your wrestling coverage is fantastic.

Also, isn't Cuba known for producing some great wrestlers?

Bastida has a great record for his age and quality of opponents: Yonger Bastida

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Your wrestling coverage is fantastic.

Also, isn't Cuba known for producing some great wrestlers?

Bastida has a great record for his age and quality of opponents: Yonger Bastida
Cuba has been know for having some tremendous wrestling talent with very little funding. They struggle to come up with enough funds to get a line up to Worlds let alone big wrestling tournaments. Lots of talent and athletic wrestlers over the years.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
well-waiting.gif

:cool: :chris: :p
Just messing with you, but this will be so cool when you are able to get it done.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
well-waiting.gif

:cool: :chris: :p
Just messing with you, but this will be so cool when you are able to get it done.

@jcordova8 dropped a lot of info post CSUB dual last night, including a Bastida feature. At least that is what it read like to me. Good stuff.

Reactions: jcordova8

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
BELIEVE ME! I am being aggressive on this. Will give you guys more information with the status of that when I have it. It’s a crazy weekend with the team on the road this weekend!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
BELIEVE ME! I am being aggressive on this. Will give you guys more information with the status of that when I have it. It’s a crazy weekend with the team on the road this weekend!
No worries. It was mostly in jest...and to let you know how excited we are to hear more from the man himself - through you of course.

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Ya know, I have ideas and I want to make this more than just a story on a page. Ya know? So I’m hoping things can fall together how I have them in my head. Because yeah, I’m personally excited to learn more and I think win after win everyone is also getting more curious! It’s awesome. Also no worries, I knew you were giving me sh*t haha

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron