*** Official #19 IOWA STATE vs Creighton Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
ISU got a little lucky Iowa has a nasty game coming up Monday vs Illinois. Gonna be hard fought Thursday night and Iowa is battle tested no doubt, and a heckuva lot bigger than Creighton.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Break away steal and dunk, when a Creighton player undercut. Grayer went down and had a knee injury that affected him all that year. Dirty play by Willis Reed coached team at the old civic in Omaha.

This was my first Cyclone bball game, I was in 2nd grade, more than anything I remember my old man losing his **** after that undercut.

Reactions: Die4Cy

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I'd much rather have had Hawkins if drafting a Creighton big man.

Some insiders on here intimated we definitely could have had him.

He's from Iowa and wanted to be a Cyclone.
Hawkins changes this offense, and thus really increases upside. We had room for both imo. I’m going to cope by thinking we just lost Hawkins to Creighton.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was the Creighton crowd loud/crazy? I'd guess they had a hard time really getting going since it was such a weird game.

As mentioned by some, the TV sounded like the crowd was in a silo so it was tough to tell.

The same thing happened last week on ESPN+.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
No doubt - it wouldn't surprise me to see George have to sit early in 1st half with 2-fouls.
Do you expect TJ to have Conditt guard Murray, or that ND transfer ?

Conditt is definitely fiery, sort of reminds me of Homan. I think the coaching staff has done a good job getting him to channel his passion more each game. He seems to be jawing less and playing harder. Just my opinion.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Conditt is definitely fiery, sort of reminds me of Homan. I think the coaching staff has done a good job getting him to channel his passion more each game. He seems to be jawing less and playing harder. Just my opinion.

He'll be the first player Iowa goes after Thursday for cheap shots/head games.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy and NWICY

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
Was the Creighton crowd loud/crazy? I'd guess they had a hard time really getting going since it was such a weird game.

As mentioned by some, the TV sounded like the crowd was in a silo so it was tough to tell.

I think that's a side effect of the announcers being remote - crowd and court sounds are muted. Also explains how the score updates often happened before the scoring play happened in the video feed.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

It was pretty loud in there at times, crowd was pretty involved.

OtownClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2021

The Creighton crowd was pretty fired up when they were able to make some plays against us. And fairly hostile when some calls did not go their way. I thought it might have subconsciously effected refs a couple times. Crowd contributed to Creighton’s run late in the first and the pressure on their attempted comeback late.

Hilton is certainly on another level. Their crowd started leaving a bit early. Hilton would have willed the Cyclones. Still a hostile environment at Creighton and a good learning experience for the team. Very nice win.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

The difference was Homan could back up the talk and tough guy antics. Love George's play this season, but I always roll my eyes at his trash talk.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That's really good for the players to get that experience.

Lots of good 'tests' for the team and staff so far.
I would call last night's game as an actual, hostile environment. There was a lot of people there and at times, they got fairly rowdy. The team handled it well, especially down the stretch.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I would call last night's game as an actual, hostile environment. There was a lot of people there and at times, they got fairly rowdy. The team handled it well, especially down the stretch.
It will help prepare them for the Big 12, although it seems each year the fewer and fewer Big 12 schools pack the gym.