*** Official #19 IOWA STATE vs Creighton Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No doubt - it wouldn't surprise me to see George have to sit early in 1st half with 2-fouls.
Do you expect TJ to have Conditt guard Murray, or that ND transfer ?

Isn't Murray a guard/3?

Don't know much about anyone else on Iowa's roster besides Bobo and mini Fran.

They'll try to get Conditt T'd up and muck up the game. It's the Iowa way.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
They lose to Iowa and beat Mizzou that's 12-1 in the non con. An 8-10 conference record gets them 20-11. Outside of injuries I don't see this team losing 10 games in the conference. So that is over 20 wins not including anything in the conference tourney.

6 conference games are going to be tough against top 10 teams in Texas, Baylor and KU. Middle of the Big 12 is tough too.

We need to get better on O to make a tournament run

Last edited:

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
This. I wonder who will fill Pemsel’s thug shoes.
TJ better have the boys locked in focused on their own game. You know mad man Fran is going to do everything under the sun to get in the guy's head and get us out of our rhythm. Real question is the student section going to bring in a large bag of ice sign for Mr. JBooo

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Exactly what I was thinking. It seemed kinda of a quiet night for Brockington (even though he had 12pts), but Grill is the one who steps up. How about that put-back lay in he had - what a huge play. Not to mention he was 4-4 from Trey.
Yes the D was excellent and helped up tremendously; it was also helpful we shot 50% from trey - something that's been missing last couple years.
Not to mention early in the game the team was brutal offensively and Tre came in and gave a great spark to keep the game close.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We can expect a tough half-court press from Fran; I'm sure he'll see from scouting film we had some trouble with Creighton's press. And I expect Coach TJ to have us prepared ! Really hope we can win this game in Hilton.
I think they will throw some full court press out there. Iowa had great success with vs Purdue and ISU really struggled vs the pressure last night. I’m really glad we had Creighton first and that Iowa Purdue game on film.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Since we haven’t beaten Iowa in anything that matters in forever, I expect lots of foul trouble and an L.

Prove me wrong Clones. Be the team that shows we CAN beat Iowa in sports.
We beat Iowa in the game of life EVERY day. Just look at the students/people representing Iowa State and then look at Iowa's. No contest.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Iowa can score, and we'll have trouble with their press. They've played well in two hostile road environments already.

If I had to predict, I'd probably give us the L, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

One thing I'm certain of: TJ will have this year's team more ready to fight than SP did two years ago for that debacle at Hilton. Can't wait to be there!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This all seems to be about Mad Franiacs now, but was encouraged by Tre’s play.

Oldest McCafe for thug role. Glass jaw BoBo will probably flop around a lot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa can score, and we'll have trouble with their press. They've played well in two hostile road environments already.

If I had to predict, I'd probably give us the L, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

One thing I'm certain of: TJ will have this year's team more ready to fight than SP did two years ago for that debacle at Hilton. Can't wait to be there!

They also let Iowa get in their heads in 2018.

Thing with teams of the past 3-4 years that if they got jumped on that tended to be it and I think TJ will have a response lined up at least.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I didn't expect us to beat Xavier, or Memphis, or Creighton. But we now have a coaching staff who actually coach and do more than tell them "go make a play". Those days are over.

It's Jaz's turn to go off Thursday night. I expect TJ will have them ready.
And, Caleb will shoot our MadFran technical shots.

Iowa State 77. TOE 71

Reactions: NWICY

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Agree.....we will battle regardless.

Reactions: NWICY