JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Michigan is gimmicky. I could see Iowa taking them down
Michigan and Iowa are probably close to a wash defensively. Don't know enough about Michigan's special teams but I know Iowa is very sound in this aspect.
Obviously offense will be the key.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Michigan and Iowa are probably close to a wash defensively. Don't know enough about Michigan's special teams but I know Iowa is very sound in this aspect.
Obviously offense will be the key.
Offense being the key in the big 10 championship game? Gonzo will get to watch Christmas Vacation again.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
So, guessing M pushes tOSU out of the top 4. Iowa at 16 surely doesn't move up that much after the win at Nebraska. I'm betting that another Iowa win over M by forcing TOs and punting doesn't get them into the CFP. So the Hawks winning the B1G might keep the conference out of the CFP, opening a spot for Okie State to squeak in if they look strong against Baylor.

Georgia could knock Bama out with a convincing win and tonight's lackluster performance in the Iron Bowl. ND doesn't play again and Ole Miss doesn't play again so they are unlikely to move up IMO. The teams left in contention IMO are Georgia (lock), Alabama (likely, puke), Michigan (in with a win), Cincy (need a convincing win as always), ND (need others to lose/look bad) and Okie State (win and others aren't clearly better).

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
So, guessing M pushes tOSU out of the top 4. Iowa at 16 surely doesn't move up that much after the win at Nebraska. I'm betting that another Iowa win over M by forcing TOs and punting doesn't get them into the CFP. So the Hawks winning the B1G might keep the conference out of the CFP, opening a spot for Okie State to squeak in if they look strong against Baylor.

Georgia could knock Bama out with a convincing win and tonight's lackluster performance in the Iron Bowl. ND doesn't play again and Ole Miss doesn't play again so they are unlikely to move up IMO. The teams left in contention IMO are Georgia (lock), Alabama (likely, puke), Michigan (in with a win), Cincy (need a convincing win as always), ND (need others to lose/look bad) and Okie State (win and others aren't clearly better).
Trust Gary Barta to make the right choices. Ohio State, Michigan and Iowa. The B1G is such a grinder you know. 1638102893194.png

Reactions: besserheimerphat

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
As an Iowan I'm glad for the state to have a team playing for a championship next week... as an Iowa State fan, I'm depressed and frustrated that its Iowa and not Iowa State.

Just brings back all the feelings growing up in eastern Iowa. Will never root for Iowa but it is neat to have a team from the state in the national prominence, just seems to usually be the wrong one more often than not

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
As an Iowan I'm glad for the state to have a team playing for a championship next week... as an Iowa State fan, I'm depressed and frustrated that its Iowa and not Iowa State.

Just brings back all the feelings growing up in eastern Iowa. Will never root for Iowa but it is neat to have a team from the state in the national prominence, just seems to usually be the wrong one more often than not

Sure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Going to be hard to put bama in with a loss. I think a bama loss and OSU winning very well may put them in the playoffs. Then Baylor to the sugar. OU to Alamo, then us or KSU to cheese it.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

Alabama getting in with a L makes me want to puke as well.

Lost to 8-4 Texas A&M and went 4 OT’s v 6-6 Auburn.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Are you really wanting to talk NFL draft between conferences?
We are talking Quarterbacks here, nothing else, why not stay on the topic, because it's a loser for the Big 10.

Overall, the big 10 will have more draft choices, but few at the skill positions, EIU fans wonder why they can have so many drafted into the NFL and still struggle to win championships in the league. It's simple you are getting few if any skilled players drafted other than your recent run of TE's. Lazard has more yards and touchdowns then every wide receiver that played at EIU in the last decade. Same could be said for Montgomery for the Bears as a running back.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We are talking Quarterbacks here, nothing else, why not stay on the topic, because it's a loser for the Big 10.

Overall, the big 10 will have more draft choices, but few at the skill positions, EIU fans wonder why they can have so many drafted into the NFL and still struggle to win championships in the league. It's simple you are getting few if any skilled players drafted other than your recent run of TE's. Lazard has more yards and touchdowns then every wide receiver that played at EIU in the last decade. Same could be said for Montgomery for the Bears as a running back.

You'll get some response that they beat up on each other in college and no other conference plays physical football.

Like how yesterday, it was just Michigan making anazing plays in the open field and running at will, but that's flag football with other jerseys on.

Anything that actually happened doesn't happen in the eyes of Hok fan.

dodgerdan

Oct 24, 2015

Same cannot be said for running back, although eventually yes, Montgomery will pass Shonn Greene.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Same cannot be said for running back, although eventually yes, Montgomery will pass Shonn Greene.
True, but Greene's last year was 2014, so no EIU running back has had a carrier in the league since then, 7 seasons ago. In 3 years Montgomery has 2435 yards, in his six seasons Greene had 4110, so DM should pass him in another 3 years barring injury.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron