How awesome is Durant at Texas?!

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
ANYONE ELSE WATCHING THIS PERFORMANCE BY DURANT FROM TEXAS?! He will put up 50 on us!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
In the scheme of things, he will get his 30 points against our big boys. Mike will need to score 45 for us to win.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Could be the best player as a freshman I've ever seen. Enjoy watching him this year, because he will be the NBA top pick in June.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Is this kid for real? Unbelievable, one of the best performances I have seen in the Big 12!! At least he will only be around for 1 year.

cychotic

Jan 27, 2007
He outscored Texas Tech in the second half. I can't remember ever seeing a freshman (or anyone) dominate the Big 12 like he is right now.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I've watched Oden around 4 games and I've seen Durant around 4 games. Based upon what I've seen, it's not even close and I'd take Durant in a second. Supposedly Oden is staying beyond this year anyhow (I'll have to see it to believe it, but that's what he says).

Oden looks to me like he has a lot of development as a player yet whereas Durant seems to be playing at a ridiculous level already.

If I'm a GM I still consider Oden a project and Durant a proven commodity.

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone
Oden is a franchise center, and those don't come along very often, so I think that he has to go first.

But Durant will be the player who makes the most immediate impact.

I agree 100 percent. Centers like Oden are very rare. Look at Hakeem, Ewing, Zo, and Shaq, these guys were staples for there respective teams for years. Durant may have a better career but finding an effective player as Durant will be, is easier.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I agree 100 percent. Centers like Oden are very rare. Look at Hakeem, Ewing, Zo, and Shaq, these guys were staples for there respective teams for years. Durant may have a better career but finding an effective player as Durant will be, is easier.

Yeah, there are plenty of options available that are just a step down from Durant in the NBA. If you don't have a big time center, you're forced to play a power forward there or a really crappy player. Here's my guess, if Boston has the pick, they take Durant because a big time center is not as important in the Eastern Conference. Memphis would take Oden to match up with the bigger centers out West.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I must be the only one that doesn't view Oden as a 'big time center' right now. He is nowhere near the player Hakeem, Ewing, O'Neil, Alcindor, Walton, etc. were at this stage. Granted he has been recovering from a hand injury and I keep reminding myself that is perhaps why he hasn't been the force I expected to see, but the guy just seems a bit passive if you watch him closely during their games.

He may be the 2nd coming, but if he is, I haven't seen it YET.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
He is a little passive. He should definitely be getting more rebounds. Defensively, though, he owns the paint. If he's blocking that many shots when he's passive, what will happen if he gets a mean streak?

cychotic

Jan 27, 2007
I think he could be dominate if they would run the offense through him. It just doesn't seem like they look for him enough on offense. He looks to have the post skills that would make an effective NBA center, and having to use the left hand will only help him in the long run. I would not be suprised at all if he is taken before Durant. As they say, you can't teach size.