ISU Nets Impressive Fall Sports National Rank

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CLEVELAND -- Iowa State ranks third among Big 12 schools in the latest Learfield Sports Directors' Cup Standings through the completion of eight NCAA Championships so far this academic year. Propelling Iowa State to 32nd place nationally among more than 300 NCAA Division I institutions was an NCAA Elite Eight appearance by the ISU volleyball squad and a 17th-place NCAA finish by the Cyclone men's cross country team. The Directors' Cup Standings measures the combined national standing of overall NCAA achievement by athletics department programs nationally.

More...

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
ISU 32nd in fall sports rankings

ISU finished 3rd in the Big12 in the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup Standings for fall, and 32nd in the nation. That is ahead of all other Division I schools in the state of Iowa.

For those that don't remember, improving ISU's Sports Directors’ Cup Standings was one of JP's main goals and ISU standings have improved every year that JP has been our AD.

LINK

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Re: ISU 32nd in fall sports rankings

Just think how high we can go when the BB and FB programs get turned around. Things have got a lot better under JP, except the 2 most visable sports.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006

Hooray!!!

Sure, Basketball and Football are amongst the worst in the country, but the sports no one gives two squirts about are great.

Hooray!!!

Way to go, Jamie!!!

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

Hey, at least we beat Iowa in something this year.

This ranking is going to drop after spring.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Iowa is going to get at least 25 points for being in a bowl game. If they win, it'll be 45. If they win and finish in the top 25, it'll probably be around 60.

Wrestling: Pretty much a wash. If Iowa is #1 and ISU is #2, that's +10 for Iowa.

WBB/MBB: NCAA qualifiers get 25. 2nd round = 50. Sweet 16 = 64.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

did we finish 32nd in the nation, or 32nd in the Big 12?:confused:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames

Iowa is going to get at least 25 points for being in a bowl game. If they win, it'll be 45. If they win and finish in the top 25, it'll probably be around 60.

Wrestling: Pretty much a wash. If Iowa is #1 and ISU is #2, that's +10 for Iowa.

WBB/MBB: NCAA qualifiers get 25. 2nd round = 50. Sweet 16 = 64.
Are we really supposed to care where Iowa (or any other school) ranks in this thing? I sure as hell don't. I want Iowa State University to keep working towards consistently being in the top 20 or so programs every semester. If Iowa can do that do, well good for them- just goes to show the strong character of our residents and students. But regardless of how well or poorly any other school is doing, I could not care any less. My attention is focused entirely on my Iowa State University Cyclones, because that is the only team that should matter in these rankings to anyone on this board.

Reactions: chadm

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Are we really supposed to care where Iowa (or any other school) ranks in this thing? I sure as hell don't. I want Iowa State University to keep working towards consistently being in the top 20 or so programs every semester. If Iowa can do that do, well good for them- just goes to show the strong character of our residents and students. But regardless of how well or poorly any other school is doing, I could not care any less. My attention is focused entirely on my Iowa State University Cyclones, because that is the only team that should matter in these rankings to anyone on this board.

They were brought up twice before I posted, and you jump on me? Terrible job outta you.