***West Virginia Week Thread***

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I want to see ISU come out and play like a team who got knocked to the mat twice, gets up, and carries forward like there is nothing left to play for except the opportunity to play in (and win) the conference championship game.

When expectations are stratospherically high an early season loss can resound into the next game, at best, or ruin and entire season, at worst. Obviously ISU has reorganized with a great win over the No. 8 Pokes. But have we seen their ceiling yet?

How the Cyclones play on Saturday will say a lot about how the season turns out.

Trap style game but by no means against a cupcake.

24-17.
I expect to be down by 10 at half.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Now saying 90%
Between a tenth and a quarter inch of rain total. So just spitting. Nothing terrible. Light winds. I think the passing game will be fine. Of course, we need something to fret about, it's what we live for...

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
In general I'm nervous on this game. the last game was a huge win but I imagine was incredibly physically, mentally and emotionally draining. And with it being a little bit of a trap game with Texas next week... IDK.

I know the last few years I feel like we've matched up well with West Virginia... I just have a little bit of anxiety. I almost want to call it a push but I think we'll win.... but I also am thinking its going to be heart attack causing, blood pressure rising close.

I hope like heck I am wrong and we win going away.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
A lot of talk about Morgantown being a tough place to play, which is true because their fans are great. But I want to take a left turn and speak a bit about their stadium.

This stadium is literally JTS sister stadium because it was designed by the same people. What's up with the all the space behind the goal post in the south end zone with the seats that just stop halfway down the lower bowl?

Also, the addition in the North endzone looks like a weird afterthought from a different stadium. I actually like our press box better than theirs, which is probably the only time I can say that. It looks like an observation perch for a prison or something.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
A lot of talk about Morgantown being a tough place to play, which is true because their fans are great. But I want to take a left turn and speak a bit about their stadium.

This stadium is literally JTS sister stadium because it was designed by the same people. What's up with the all the space behind the goal post in the south end zone with the seats that just stop halfway down the lower bowl?

Also, the addition in the North endzone looks like a weird afterthought from a different stadium. I actually like our press box better than theirs, which is probably the only time I can say that. It looks like an observation perch for a prison or something.
They don’t have prisons in West Virginia though, they just shoot ‘em.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
They don’t have prisons in West Virginia though, they just shoot ‘em.

Or just take them into good ole Appalachia and are never seen from again. I kid, I kid. I have relatives from West Virginia and its beautiful country.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's Brocktober. It's going to be fine. ISU will come out of there with a win. I may not be like last year's cakewalk, but a win is a win.

Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
These WVUers are impressed with our team. Leveled headed talk in the first half here:

Holy smokes, that’s a fun listen. You would almost think they are prepping to play Alabama. We’ve come a LONG way, boys.

“Their (ISU) defense basically wears spanks, it looks lighter than it actually is.”

Last edited:

20eyes

May 15, 2020

Ugly sister...The ISU upgrades are FOR Cyclones BY Cyclones. ISU Engineering / Architecture >>>>> whatever WVU has.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Probably taking off in the next couple of hours. Charter from DSM to PIT doesn't show up in easy flight searches though...

Any CF'ers really good at finding this kind of thing?

Looks like they're flying out to Clarksburg, not Pittsburgh.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I expect to be down by 10 at half.
We are more talented
We are older
We have a better QB
We excel at stopping the run, the one thing they do well
We are the better team
It’s Brocktober