New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
I believe the home team has to decide before the season that they are going to wear white at home and notify the conference and other team. After that there may be a clause for another agreement between teams/conference. But as we saw with the tents and Baylor a few years ago, if it is not applied for before the season with the conference, all bets are off.
F*** Baylor.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All this talk about tertiary blue...

View attachment 91039
Love it, your creativity! And funny, nobody was talking about "tertiary blue" but good excuse, LOL, to post. Keep it up. Little bit of 'Mac' feel to these.

I don't think many would have guessed you used a shade of blue here (tertiary ?). Anyway Hex 06111E. Nice work.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Did we decide we're not using black anymore?
Aren't you glad? And I like the black. Just overdone last year. I think two times per year (3 at most if Bowl) of either b/b/b or w/b/w is about right.

Beautiful Let's crush the cowgirls.
Cowgirls/cowbells, LOL, either one. Agree!

My preferences WCW>AEW >WWE. Sorry had to do it. ;)
Ha. Had to look it up. LOL. Not a wrestling fan.

I believe the home team has to decide before the season that they are going to wear white at home and notify the conference and other team. After that there may be a clause for another agreement between teams/conference. But as we saw with the tents and Baylor a few years ago, if it is not applied for before the season with the conference, all bets are off.
I think this sounds about right. Have to have a good headstart notification request.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Iowa State uniform tracker, 2021, so far:
UNI - W-C-W
Iowa - W-B-W
at UNLV - C-W-C
at Baylor - C-W-W
Kansas - C-C-W
at Kansas State - C-W-C
Oklahoma State - C-C-W
at West Virginia - C-W-C

No monochome looks yet this year. As I've said before W/W/W is may favorite away combo and possibly favorite overall. The various W/C combos have been solid, missing W/W/C, W/C/C out of the options.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Why can't ISU figure out a home color scheme that doesn't clash besides all red or all black? This shouldn't be that hard.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
We should try something like this.... lol

I think the splatter effect might look good up close, but from a distance -- like 75% of a football game on TV -- I bet it looks really really bad.
Same thing with just about everything TCU does. One of their helmet designs looks like a mismatched purple mistake from a distance (not even a long distance). Their basketball floor lacks all its definition on TV.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think the splatter effect might look good up close, but from a distance -- like 75% of a football game on TV -- I bet it looks really really bad.
Same thing with just about everything TCU does. One of their helmet designs looks like a mismatched purple mistake from a distance (not even a long distance). Their basketball floor lacks all its definition on TV.

...and then there's Boise State's Smurf field... ;)

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
...and then there's Boise State's Smurf field... ;)
At least it looks equally horrid up close, in person, on TV, in still pictures, from a distance, and from orbit. No wait, it does look better from orbit (can't see it).
And I hear that birds like it.
:D

Reactions: bgprest

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
At least it looks equally horrid up close, in person, on TV, in still pictures, from a distance, and from orbit. No wait, it does look better from orbit (can't see it).
And I hear that birds like it.
:D

When I first watched a telecast of a Boise State Smurf field game, I kept trying to adjust the tv colors. Something about it actually hurts my eyes... ;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyclones500