Anyone know who else JP interviewed?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
I thought I heard on one of the newscasts that Rhoads was the only candidate that actually got a face to face interview.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
A big ISU booster out of Ruthven had flown to Auburn about a month ago to offer Rhoads the job, he just had to wait for JP to find a way to end Chizik's contract or fire him. Obviously, the ISU staff had to keep thier knowledge of this a secret. Chizik's agent, some Jerry Maguire wannabe out of Memphis, was fooled in a sting-like operation to take the bait and get Chizik worked into an Auburn short-list. Rhoads was our guy all along, and Chizik was getting fired one way or another. No other candidates.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The only other candidate was Vince Lombardi

Seriously, we have our guy, let's hitch our wagon to him and ride

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I thought I heard on one of the newscasts that Rhoads was the only candidate that actually got a face to face interview.

GO CYCLONES!!!

I think Jamie said in his presser that Rhoads was the only candidate to get a second face to face interview. I would hope he interviewed more than one candidate.

Carl1977

Apr 27, 2006
Cambridge, Iowa
Rhoads will make more money. I think Stapleton earned 15K. At least that's what I remember hearing my great great uncle say. Of course in today's economy that would be about a billion dollars.
:smile:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I think Jamie said in his presser that Rhoads was the only candidate to get a second face to face interview. I would hope he interviewed more than one candidate.

He said at the press conference something that made it sound like he interviewed quite a few coaches. He said he interviewed Rhoads one day and kept compairing other coaches to him. Rhoads 2nd interview was a 7 hour interview laying out a blueprint for ISU FB.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
I was around when Clay Stapleton and the Dirty Thirty were on the field. Arnaud would look great running the single wing. Man would he make a great tailback.

Last edited:

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
In a nutshell...

1) we reached out to Gill only to have him slap JP's hand
2) JP talked to Rhoads monday
3) sometime during the week he supposedly talked to Graham and decided he wasn't the guy(or maybe Graham thought that). This was from M & M so its probably worth nothing.
4) Pat Hill said no comment
5) Mike Stoops all of a sudden became the guy without ever having his AD contacted...oh and he also said no comment...sure thing here.
6) Gary Patterson didn't say anything. Anyway there was little buzz which led me to believe soemthing happened...a poster eluded that some of the TCU players thought the same thing.
7) We hire Rhoads.

Does that cover the happenings the last week?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The interview probably went something like this:

Jamie: So Paul, where are you from?

Paul: I was born 10 miles down the road.

Jamie: Check. And do you want this job?

Paul: Absolutely.

Jamie: Check. And what are your goals, where do you want to be in 10 years?

Paul: I want to be at ISU.

Jamie: That's good enough for me, the press conference is already starting so here, sign this contract and we'll hurry out there.

Paul: Great.

Jamie: Oh, by the way, just out of curiosity do you happen to be a football coach?

Paul: Why yes, I am a football coach.

Jamie: Hey, that's great, this is working out even better than I expected.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
The interview probably went something like this:

Jamie: So Paul, where are you from?

Paul: I was born 10 miles down the road.

Jamie: Check. And do you want this job?

Paul: Absolutely.

Jamie: Check. And what are your goals, where do you want to be in 10 years?

Paul: I want to be at ISU.

Jamie: That's good enough for me, the press conference is already starting so here, sign this contract and we'll hurry out there.

Paul: Great.

Jamie: Oh, by the way, just out of curiosity do you happen to be a football coach?

Paul: Why yes, I am a football coach.

Jamie: Hey, that's great, this is working out even better than I expected.

Monty just out of curiosity how much of your rep is from backhanded positive rep because neg rep is gone? I'll admit to having one. But seriously yours has to be like half right?