Good luck in 09 !

CrimsonTide77

Dec 14, 2008
Just thought I would stop by and wish you guys the best in recruiting and for next season. His defense was good at Auburn until the players kind of figured it was useless with such a sucky offense. I was kind of surprised by the hire. He may be a very good head coach. Although, I have to admit I thought you guys would get a more proven coach. Oh well, make Auburn regret losing him.

I will drink a shot of Wild Turkey 101 to success and victory for the Iowa State true die hard fans.

Go Cyclones!

Last edited:

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
We thought we'd go for a more proven coach as well. But now that we hired this Ankeny guy, we kinda like him. Thanks for your support.

ps. Beat Auburn. :)

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Thanks for the well wishes! We'll be okay, come see the product on the field. I think we'll end up all the better for the past couple of weeks. Roll Tide!

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I respect anyone who can stomach wild turkey! I hate Nick Saban but I cant help but drink to a sucessful year for The Tide!

CrimsonTide77

Dec 14, 2008
ps. Beat Auburn. :)

How can I say this without coming off as smug?? Beating Auburn will be as tough as patting for a dance. Yes, they are that bad currently. Anyway, look for me in the crowd at the Sugar Bowl. I have ordered an Iowa State shirt to go with my Bama cap. I would love for the Aub nation to see that. I am looking forward to New Orleans.

Last edited:

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Well I hope they're not expecting Chizik to make them better. He'll bring in some talent to be sure (the only good thing he did for us), but he's shown no signs of being able to coach it!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
How can I say this without coming off as smug?? Beating Auburn will be as tough as patting for a dance. Yes, they are that bad currently. Anyway, look for me in the crowd at the Sugar Bowl. I have ordered an Iowa State shirt to go with my Bama cap. I would love for the Aub nation to see that. I am looking forward to New Orleans.

Make sure you get the proper logo and cardinal :wink:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Make sure and keep posting! We really like an insiders perspective on athletics in the SEC. You will find that conference gets a lot of respect on this board in almost every sport. You will also find a lot of Alabama fans on this board for the next couple years, so you should feel right at home. I hope we play you guys someday soon in football, because that would mean ISU is doing really well and got a sweet bowl invite to match the Tide!

magilljl

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2008
Ankeny
Thanks for the support!! We always like when outsiders show our Cyclones some love. Roll Tide!!!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

YES!

I can't wait for the Iron Bowl next year. ROLL TIDE!!!