Tim Griffin on Rhoads

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
The part in the article referring to 5.75 million over 5 years and budget cuts is so out of place and WRONG. That compensation for a DI BCS school is more than reasonable... all while the coach out east is making like 3 million per year. They make it appear as if ISU is spending too much and bring light to the states cuts by using our FB coach as an example. Terrible reference.

Reactions: Psyclone Brian

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The part in the article referring to 5.75 million over 5 years and budget cuts is so out of place and WRONG. That compensation for a DI BCS school is more than reasonable... all while the coach out east is making like 3 million per year. They make it appear as if ISU is spending too much and bright light to the states cuts by using our FB coach as an example. Terrible reference.

Its not even state money going into his paycheck.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
The part in the article referring to 5.75 million over 5 years and budget cuts is so out of place and WRONG. That compensation for a DI BCS school is more than reasonable... all while the coach out east is making like 3 million per year. They make it appear as if ISU is spending too much and bring light to the states cuts by using our FB coach as an example. Terrible reference.

Couldn't agree more. Give me a break.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
The posts at the bottome of the second article are crazy. Makes me wonder how many teams in the Big XII want to throw ISU out? :no:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Yeah, that was totally a cheap shot. It actually means we spent less than many people expected we would have to if we got a "name" guy with HC experience.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
The posts at the bottome of the second article are crazy. Makes me wonder how many teams in the Big XII want to throw ISU out? :no:

Yeah, that ticked me off. Hopefully we can get good on the field and stick it to those *******. I really would like to run up the score on some teams if we get the opportunity (I know this probably is a long ways off). How good would it feel to hang 60 on Nebraska?

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Yeah, that ticked me off. Hopefully we can get good on the field and stick it to those *******. I really would like to run up the score on some teams if we get the opportunity (I know this probably is a long ways off). How good would it feel to hang 60 on Nebraska?

Id likely have a heart attack if we put up 60 on a team! :wink: But seriously, Im waiting patiently for the day ISU gets some success and starts spanking some of the nay sayers.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago

Yeah, I read those posts too and thought to myself, "self, that guy is an A-hole and wears southern colored glasses."

Smack talking posts like that just make me want to win that much more. Good God we need to kick some southern a$$ in year 2 and 3 or the PR era.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
And of course, the first three words of the first article were "The icy roads."

Who else is getting sick of Ames being painted as the lone BCS school that gets snow in the winter?

Why not mention the igloos Ames residents live in? And the sled dogs they use to get to the basketball games. Heck, the school's nickname should have been the Huskies.

News flash: Madison, Ann Arbor, Lincoln, Iowa City, Minneapolis, Evanston, East Lansing, Columbus, Champaign, West Lafayette, State College, Morgantown, South Bend, etc. etc. have cold and snow in the winter, too. Columbia, MO has a wind chill of -8 right now for crap's sake.

Sorry...had to vent.

Reactions: Cyclonick182

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron