SOLD

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Wow. What a press conference.

I love it when people realize their dreams, and being an Iowan, I always love it when people that really want to come home get that opportunity.

That couldn't have been any better. I am sure that many of you are pretty darned excited about this, and you should be. I hope the man has a great deal of success, except for one Saturday a fall.

Reactions: Angie and Me State

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

I love it when people realize their dreams, and being an Iowan, I always love it when people that really want to come home get that opportunity.

That couldn't have been any better. I am sure that many of you are pretty darned excited about this, and you should be. I hope the man has a great deal of success, except for one Saturday a fall.

Hopefully that Saturday is on a bye week. :wink:

Reactions: dosry5 and CY ST8T

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Thanks for having some class, Jon.

Only, I'll just hate to see your hopes smashed that one Saturday next fall. :biggrin:

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
Seems like a good hire and we have a coach that is going to be loyal to the University and State! Welcome back to the Cyclone Family!

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Thanks for having some class, Jon.

Only, I'll just hate to see your hopes smashed that one Saturday next fall. :biggrin:

With this guy's passion, anything is possible. I don't know the guy, but he makes you want to get to know him...he has the personality that makes you root for him right away.. Plus, he is an Iowan, and that always rates high in my book

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
He said all the right things, as long as he lives up to all of it this will be a great coach!!

And it may take some time. But I think a guy like this, an Iowan, an Ankeny guy, he is going to get plenty of time to do the job. I said before anyone was hired, that the new coach couldn't fairly be judged until year four. At least, that is how I see it.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

As someone who was displaced to another state (guess where :wideeyed:) for a few years and recently returned, I agree completely.

And in regards to your last post, Jon, if you want an opportunity to get to know Coach Rhoads better, you would be better off as a Cyclone fan :wink:. In fact, that holds true in many aspects. :wink:

Reactions: SC Cy

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

I agree Jon.

While I enjoyed the GC hire, I expect this man not to stoop to the level we saw last week. Rhoads will put is in the right directions without stooping down and talking the low road. I am wild about this cat and am excyted for the future. The way JP stooped down like a bird of prey to pick this guy was fun to watch. Also they way JP didn't stoop and settle for a guy is amazing.

Rhoads won't have to walk stooped but with his head and shoulders up straight.

I didn't hear a stoop in voice... yep not one condescending word all night.

-keep.

Reactions: SeattleClone

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I agree Jon.

While I enjoyed the GC hire, I expect this man not to stoop to the level we saw last week. Rhoads will put is in the right directions without stooping down and talking the low road. I am wild about this cat and am excyted for the future. The way JP stooped down like a bird of prey to pick this guy was fun to watch. Also they way JP didn't stoop and settle for a guy is amazing.

Rhoads won't have to walk stooped but with his head and shoulders up straight.

I didn't hear a stoop in voice... yep not one condescending word all night.

-keep.

you had me at hello.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
For those of you that have lived away from Iowa and moved back, did you feel, as I did, a pull to get back home? I don't know if its unique to this state or not, but I know I felt it very strongly. Sounds like Coach Rhoads felt that too, and the emotion that was coming out was just beautiful. How can you not be excited about that, and just pure happy for the guy?

I think that is a thread that binds most of us...we might not know each other, like I don't know Paul, but we have key things in common, and we therefore can share in someone's emotions, someone's joy. That is what I felt when watching the presser. I liked it so much the first time, I am watching it again.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
What a week of incredible lows and now incredible highs.

Looking outside tonight, I wonder why the heck I want to live in Iowa, however I've travelled a lot. I lived in Europe for a year, been down under to Australia and New Zealand. Been to most parts of our country. Having done all that, I can't find too much to complain about in Iowa. The people are basically good, honest, and salt of the earth. My family is here and family is what is important.

However, will be heading south somewhere every winter when the time is right.:yes:

Like the hire...