New logo & uniforms? Hope not!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
We're not going through this again are we? It really speaks poorly for our athletic program. Hopefully they will leave things as is. Just get the colors right, please!!

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Colors and I still don't like the I State on the helmets one bit.

Bring back the walking Cy or just a plain I, on a GOLD (not mustard yellow) helmet.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
We're not going through this again are we? It really speaks poorly for our athletic program. Hopefully they will leave things as is. Just get the colors right, please!!

Thankfully logo and colors aren't going anywhere as long as pollard is around. those are his baby. Now all you wanna be textiles and clothing majors can sleep easy tonight.

Reactions: uro cy

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
I can't understand why people don't understand that IState is the Cyclone trademark now. Not the Gene Chizik coached football team trademark. Check out the floor at Hilton. That's not going to change because Gene is a chump...

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I absolutely hate the new logo. People are starting to refer to Iowa State as "I State."

It's Iowa State, thank you. I hope they change it, soon.

I was originally worried about that when the new logo was first unveiled. But now that I'm hearing people say it, I find that I really don't care. And the logo has grown on me.

I'd be shocked (and embarrassed) if they changed it again.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I absolutely hate the new logo. People are starting to refer to Iowa State as "I State."

Congrats on your first post - and I agree. It's a terrible logo. Bring back the walking Cy on a gold helmet, like in 1966 or 67.

goldmember

May 31, 2006

The only person I have ever heard say "I-State" is Keith Murphy. Everyone else says ISU or Iowa State. The uniforms are sweet, the colors are sweet, and the new logo is a huge improvement.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The new logo and colors have grown on me over time so I think they are kinda cool now, but if we were to change I think we should go back to the walking CY I love that one!

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
I see you found a dead horse. Why must you beat it?

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The walking CY is too cartoonish for me.

I like the bold and slick I-State logo.

Not to beat another dead horse, but I think Gray pants with cardinal and gold lining would be sweet. ala Mississippi style but with our colors. It looks slick.