Bolt and McFarland

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Does anyone think that they will be kept on as OL coach and LB coach to help smooth the transition? I hope they keep McF I really think he is a good OL coach and the player really like Bolt.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Does anyone think that they will be kept on as OL coach and LB coach to help smooth the transition? I hope they keep McF I really think he is a good OL coach and the player really like Bolt.

We need an OC and a DC.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I look for Rhoads to open things up and interview the current coaches and decide if he wants to keep them or not. Remember that a HC job is kind of like the President in that he prefers to have his own people in place. There is this loyalty thing and personality thing, etc. Chizik may be taking a lot of our ISU assistants to Auburn with him (we hope). They are all pretty much Auburn type guys and you got the sense that Chizik was hoping to create an Auburn North type of atmosphere. The assistants were all Southern transplants.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I would like to see him bring Tony Peterson back. Austen did progress throughout the year and it seemed that he had a special bond with him. I had heard that he was extremely upset when The Chiz let him go.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
An assistant name to watch for: http://www.auburnundercover.com/forums/showthread.php?p=47688#post47688

Today, 10:25 AM
Cyclonepride
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny thing under Chizik was our defense could stop nobody. Our offense has a lot of young returning firepower. I'm guessing that Chizik won't retain any of the former assistants at Auburn? If not, who would be a good get for us?

Cyclonepride
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Cyclonepride
Find all posts by Cyclonepride

#10 Today, 10:31 AM
ugahater
Super Moderator Join Date: Aug 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, James Willis, (LB), for one, but we're hoping to keep him. BTW, I added to my above post.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Tony Peterson and McFarland would be two assistants I'd like to keep here. I thought McFarland did a great job with the OL considering what we had.