Bad Neighbor Stories

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
My neighbor starts his mowing at 630 on the weekend. Yes, its hot this time of year but I still think its rude. You'll live at 8am. Our yards take less than an 30 minutes to mow.

I've mostly had nicer neighbors that I deserve. My yard the last place we lived was not great and as my fence started rotting and falling down, I'd just remove it bit by bit . Mostly nobody cared as I don't think they wanted to replace it either. Eventually the one asked if I could demo it so he could erect one. He even gave me a bit of a hand (not too much lol). Guy across the street helped with lots of things, including chopping up a massive tree that we lost only a year after moving in.

Reactions: dntlpe

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
**** Im the crappy neighbor. I maintain some of my neighbors yard as we have pie shape lots and I just mow straight back. We also walk thru their backyard on the back edge to get to out friends house.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No, it wasn't.

I'm picturing......

tumblr_p2oe7hm50R1relg8bo1_400.gif

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Could be worse. At least you don’t live in the Palestinian territories.

He’d probably hoist that if he had another flagpole. Prior owners had US Flag in the middle on highest pole, with Iowa Flag on one pole and Marine flag on another as their son was a Marine who died in Middle East

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So the South hasn’t lost the war yet according to him?

Apparently not. I suppose he hopes to enslave his neighbors two doors down. I never understand flying the flag of a country we went to war with, so that Nazi flag may be next.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You get why a group of racist Nazis put up a flag? It’s almost like you’re excusing it. That’s quite the admission that you just made.
No it is not excusing it. I understand their rationale that they are trying to piss off the Israelis living there. That doesn't mean I agree with it or approve. You can understand something without agreeing with it. You can't effectively fight something without understanding it.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
No it is not excusing it. I understand their rationale that they are trying to piss off the Israelis living there. That doesn't mean I agree with it or approve. You can understand something without agreeing with it. You can't effectively fight something without understanding it.
I googled that Nazi flag picture because I thought that the picture was photo shopped. However, the first search result that came up explained it all. It's an optical illusion. The article included a video of the Israelis shooting it down. I am not familiar with the source of the article about the flag, it was just the first result that popped up:

https://www.rt.com/news/535851-nazi-flag-palestinian-town/

The article goes on to explain: "Nazi symbology has been occasionally used by Palestinians to taunt their Jewish opponents. In August, Palestinian protesters burned a Star of David combined with a swastika during a demonstration near the West Bank town of Beita.

It was part of a protest against an Israeli settlement built on a hilltop near the town. The IDF was turning it into its base as part of a deal with the settlers, who agreed to move out of the area in return."

Last edited:
Reactions: VeloClone

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
So you don’t view them as racist nazis? And you view them as just trying to piss off their neighbors?

what if a group of Palestinians did that in America? or a white guy? Would they be racist nazis or just a group of people trying to piss off their neighbors?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The Hawkroaches are scurrying about. This is in the parking lot this morning. Must have pulled it off of their trailer long enough to bring to work.

1632753292474.png

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm