Baylor fans on ISU vs. Baylor game saturday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I like our defense, but Iowa, UNI, and UNLV will be 3 of the 4 worst offenses we face this year.
You very well may be right. But after three games the offensive stats they put up against us weigh heavy on that perception.

SciClone

Mar 30, 2006
Marion, IA
Yes, doesn't the ISU defense lead the nation in yards per play allowed and yards allowed per game?
I just looked it up. ISU indeed leads the nation in both stats (192.7 ypg allowed; 2.6 ypp allowed). Baylor is currently 5th and 7th in those categories, respectively.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I just looked it up. ISU indeed leads the nation in both stats (192.7 ypg allowed; 2.6 ypp allowed). Baylor is currently 5th and 7th in those categories, respectively.
For me, the offensive and defensive team rankings after 3 weeks is irrelevant.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I like our defense, but Iowa, UNI, and UNLV will be 3 of the 4 worst offenses we face this year.
Solid point. I guess where I see reason for optimism tomorrow is ISU is really good at stopping what Baylor has made their hay on so far, which is running the football. Force Baylor to become one-dimensional and I think we win going away, so long as the offense plays an average at minimum game. Might be asking too much though.

If the above does play out, ISU gets out to an early 10-0 or 14-0 lead and Baylor has to throw the ball, I think ISU wins something like 31-7, 28-10 etc

Reactions: SolarGarlic

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I'll admit I consume some of the SicEm 365 content on their site and on youtube...but some of the takes are hilariously bad.

Some of their realignment "stories" are like if you took the least fact based posts from this site and turned it into a Wayne's World style TV network.

They come up on my feed a lot since realignment. Sometimes it's OK, but you nailed it on the Wayne's World comparison. And often there is an element of Baylor propogandizing.

Like today they had one on how Big12 teams should not join the Pac12, that the Pac12 was worse than the Big12, and only a fool would leave to go to the Pac12. Well, maybe, depending on what you think about B1G taking USC and Oregon. But the real point was they know damn well Baylor would never get a Pac12 invite, so they are afraid if OSU, TT, ISU, etc would bail for the Pac12, Baylor would be hosed (which they would be). So they pooh-pooh the Pac12. Spare me.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
ESPN's FPI gives us a better chance to win against KSU and TX than @ Baylor and @ Tech..

I see another close game.

20-13 Cyclones

If we can get Hall going like he was for 2020's conference play... This could be a fun stretch of games leading into Homecoming as KU is a pushover and KSU isn't great without Thompson

is thompson definitely out for that game? I know he is injured but haven't read any time table for his return (and haven't looked).

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
As far as our defense, I don't really know about UNLV (bad all around), but both Iowa and UNI talked up about how good their run games were, Iowa especially with Goodson. He has had 100+yard games against those not named Cyclones so far. We held him to 2.6 ypc and only 55 yards, never broke a long run. I'd put our run defense up there against anybody.

Reactions: aauummm and Jerms

Omahacy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
We'll know about K-State Saturday night. Will Howard is clearly not as good as Skylar Thompson. But Howard had a solid outing v. Nevada. His game is more like Collin Klien's. That said, the biggest change for K-State has been on the defensive side.
Having lost one of their best d-lineman last week will hopefully make things difficult for them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We ALWAYS "complain" about players being healthy for us. I'll never get it.
Complaining is human nature. Complaining about ISU sports, football in particular is a Cyclone sub-specialty.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
If X and Charlie are on the left side, Brock will look left every time.

Poor Chase. and the other wide receiver on the right.

They will never be looked at or targeted.

If Breece swings out, the ball is going to him.

Even Big 12 conference defences will eventually figure that out.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
If X and Charlie are on the left side, Brock will look left every time.

Poor Chase. and the other wide receiver on the right.

They will never be looked at or targeted.

If Breece swings out, the ball is going to him.

Even Big 12 conference defences will eventually figure that out.

How the **** hard is it for people to spell defenses when you have auto correct on your phone?