Greetings from BYU Country

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Spent a lot of time there and this the first time I've seen 'Salt Lake County' and 'get after it' in the same sentence.

When were you here? Things have changed quite a bit in Salt Lake the last few years. Lots of transplants moving here and it was the fastest growing US state percentage-wise this past decade. Yeah, we have some restricted liquor laws, but there's plenty of appetite for good beer here.

Reactions: CyCoug

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
BYU oddity stat: I have seen BYU play four times in person in four different stadiums: @ Fresno State in 1995, 1997 Cotton Bowl vs. Kansas State, 1999 Motor City Bowl vs. Marshall and @ Cincinnati in 2016. All just random events!

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The bars are mostly off Center Street. Alcohol besides beer has to be purchased at state liquor stores.

If you are coming for a game and want more variety in that regard, stay in Salt Lake County. You’ll still be 30-40 minutes away (without traffic).

BYU campus is dry, so definitely not in the stadium. You probably would be ok in the parking lots.

How hard is it to successfully hit on those hot Mormon moms?

• Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

Kimber45

Dec 20, 2020
Welcome friend!

As a fellow band wagoneer for ISU this year (Duck fan) four pages is enough of an introduction thread.

This is a great site with great fans, great moderators, all in support of a great football team.

That said, get onboard or get the frick out.

WpJGVRv.gif

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
How hard is it to successfully hit on those hot Mormon moms?
Why are there so many hot Mormon moms? How come there are so many very good looking Mormon women in general? What the heck is in the water in Utah?

Reactions: khardbored

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas
I grew up in Ames and just spent the weekend there, visiting family. I attended ISU for a year, before transferring to BYU.

While in Ames, we stopped by Reiman Gardens and had a nice view of Jack Trice Stadium. Back here in Utah, I can see the BYU "Y" on the mountain off in the distance. Anyway, thought it was a good time to join this forum since BYU and ISU will now be conference mates. Let me know if you have any questions about BYU vs Provo.

P.S. -- I'm glad to see both teams won over the weekend and are coincidently ranked right next to each other.
Welcome. Glad you're here!
The Park City area is one of my favorite vacation destinations and only a one hour drive from the BYU stadium. Looking forward to another road trip!

Last edited:
Reactions: t-noah and CyCoug

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Ames has a Church of Latter Day Saints behind the mall. It’s not huge but I’d imagine if you added up every LDS church in the state it would be a good amount of people.
Reminds me of a story. When i was a student, i didnt care much for STA by campus- too much singing and CLAPPING for gods sake. Im from dubuque county, and i want a 30 minute Mass. None of this hippie crap.
So i headed up north to the other Catholic church, st e.a.seton i think. Knew the general area but not well. Drove up there, saw big church, parked, started heading in. But people were walking out. Did i get the Mass time wrong?
Got in the door and there are ushers, like a bunch, guarding the inner doors. One saw me looking confused and said can i help you? I asked what church is this, and of course his response was this is the church of jc of lds.
i was really embarassed and kinda afraid i was gonna get the hard sell from 12 pent up proseltyzers, so i panicked and just did an absolute abe simpson and spun out of there without a word.

Also, welcome OP. Looking forward to having a great excuse to go see the parks etc in Utah in a couple years.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
When I drive through, I always try to stop at Strap Tank Brewery in Lehi. Great place. When ISU goes to Provo, I will be staying down in that part of town.
Strap Tank is great. And Lehi is a perfect halfway point between SLC and Provo.

8thfloor

Aug 3, 2021
I’ve thought about moving to SLC as a lover of the outdoors, but wondered as a beer lover and non-Mormon if my family and I would ever fit in.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
Reminds me of a story. When i was a student, i didnt care much for STA by campus- too much singing and CLAPPING for gods sake. Im from dubuque county, and i want a 30 minute Mass. None of this hippie crap.
So i headed up north to the other Catholic church, st e.a.seton i think. Knew the general area but not well. Drove up there, saw big church, parked, started heading in. But people were walking out. Did i get the Mass time wrong?
Got in the door and there are ushers, like a bunch, guarding the inner doors. One saw me looking confused and said can i help you? I asked what church is this, and of course his response was this is the church of jc of lds.
i was really embarassed and kinda afraid i was gonna get the hard sell from 12 pent up proseltyzers, so i panicked and just did an absolute abe simpson and spun out of there without a word.

Also, welcome OP. Looking forward to having a great excuse to go see the parks etc in Utah in a couple years.
I attended that Church all through school until I left Ames. Good memories. No desire to become an active Mormon again though.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Why are there so many hot Mormon moms? How come there are so many very good looking Mormon women in general? What the heck is in the water in Utah?
A number of years ago Weber State was playing UCLA in the NCAA basketball tournament. I remember Bill Simmons writing that the biggest upset of the tournament was that the Weber State cheerleaders were hotter than the UCLA cheerleaders. A Weber State fan responded with something like this.

The Weber State co-eds don't generally drink, smoke, or do any drugs. For entertainment they spend their time exercising outdoors by hiking, biking, or skiing in the clean mountain air with very little air pollution.

Reactions: khardbored

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I’ve thought about moving to SLC as a lover of the outdoors, but wondered as a beer lover and non-Mormon if my family and I would ever fit in.
From everything I've heard about SLC is that it's a nice city. And like most cities has lots to do and diversity. Obviously there is some Mormon influence since it's in Utah but I think it only gets really weird when you get outside the city.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
When were you here? Things have changed quite a bit in Salt Lake the last few years. Lots of transplants moving here and it was the fastest growing US state percentage-wise this past decade. Yeah, we have some restricted liquor laws, but there's plenty of appetite for good beer here.

Restricted liquor is just the start of the restricted list. My work sentence ended a few years ago with a job change.
If you enjoy the area, good for you. It was a little too weird for me and I have no desire to go back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron