Stoops Not a candidate per the mouth

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
So let me get this straight. We have a deal with somebody in place it just hasn't been announced/leaked? Or is this just speculation?

BearDownWildcat

Dec 19, 2008
Please Baby Jesus, could you please smile on Wildcat Football just once?

You guys really dodged a bullet if this recording is true. I had my hopes up that lil Stoops would be gone.

Posted on another site my thoughts on this. (earlier when I thought he might be gone

Good Riddence.
If you take Stoops… Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Hiring him would be like building a Monorail in your town…He’s got the name and recruiting but thats about it. However if you’re fans of poor big game preparation, in-game planning/adjustments, poor conservative decision-making in a close 4th quarter, and media savvy hype, then I have a beach in Arizona to sell you.

Source: Stoops will be released from his contract at the end of this season. - GOAZCATS.com Message Board

Read or search the Arizona Wildcats Football, Basketball and Recruiting: GOAZCATS.com site if your interested in the WILDCAT nations debate/views on stoops. IMO while he may be a good rebuilder (which it sounds like you want) he’s be alright, but interms of the “it factor” of great coaches, he doesn’t have it. Besides he’ll always view your program in regards to OU vs Texas. We have several media bites in the papers over the past 5 yrs where he’s said as much.
so Please please please take this rotting fish off of our hands.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Whats with all the baby Jesus love? Why cant 30-something Jesus get some shine?

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
wasn't this guy the one who really gave the stoops rumor its legs? now he comes here and takes it back.

hopefully we can stop having threads about what he thinks or hears because he is about 0 for all as far as predictions go with cyclone athletics.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
I would expect Stoops to openly admit on the day before his bowl game that he is leaving for Iowa State.

Not so much. :jimlad:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
When did Palmer start not liking Stoops for our hire?

From the beginning. It is a sibling deal...

One sibling is a great football coach. The other just happens to be a coach too so perception would say that he must be great too. Perception is not reality. The Pac 10 stinks and that guy has had 1 winning season in 5 years. So he has beaten some ranked teams.... Big deal. Then he gets waxed by the lower tier teams. He would have been a total failure at Iowa State so thank your lucky stars that he isn't "our" guy.

Palmer... I was with you all the way on this one... Like I said in a previous post, Mike Stoops is the Jack Kevorkian of college football coaches. We want someone to come in and help revive Cyclone football not send it to it's final resting place.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Here is a better example....

Mike Stoops is to college football as KXNO is to sports talk radio........

Totally worthless.

Reactions: Luke3485

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Lets just root for Arizona this weekend just to be safe. :)

I definitely will be. My fan card with ISU is riding on Stoops not getting the ISU job. If he does then I am out. If he doesn't then I still have faith in ISU. Not because he is a former Hawk.... We don't want a second rate Stoops in here. The only things that Bob and Mike share in common are their last name, their frequent meltdowns on the sidelines, and their reputations as some of the biggest A-holes you could ever meet.