How far can Iowa go?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
We shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Your offense had 23 yds in the second half. Don't act like we didn't hand that game to you.

LOL, ISU had 204 total yards and 4 TO before CMC pulled Purdy and Iowa went to a prevent defense. If you wanna bask in the glory of 135 yards of offense in the 4th qtr. against a prevent defense when the game was already over, be my guest.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
LOL, ISU had 204 total yards and 4 TO before CMC pulled Purdy and Iowa went to a prevent defense. If you wanna bask in the glory of 135 yards of offense in the 4th qtr. against a prevent defense when the game was already over, be my guest.
1.7 yds a carry.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
LOL, 5 Big10 teams rated this week compared to 2 in the Big12
Yeah I'm not saying the Big 12 is good. Iowa is better than everyone on their schedule from what I've seen. Ohio State is probably top 10 but more like a 3 loss team this year unless they figure something out. Usually they are standing in everyone's way in the league. Iowa has a great opportunity here.

• Haha
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
If the Hawks were in a prevent defense in the 4th quarter, they must have been in a prevent offense in the 2nd half (23 yds + 26 plays = #5, bring on Alabama)

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Without developing some offense, probably not conf. champs and surely not CFP bound.

*Note that I am neither stating nor implying any claim of superiority by Iowa State, though that won't stop any Hawks from bringing it up :rolleyes:

They will be favored in every game the rest of the way before they meet Ohio State. Given the strength of their schedule it would take a colossal failure to finish worse than 10-2.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Had this convo with a hawkeye friend of mine after the game last week. I didn't realize how easy their schedule is for the next month: Kent State, CO State, Maryland, then Penn State. They will very likely be 5-0 heading into that PSU game. Already sitting at No 5, they will be that high or higher if anyone else above them loses.

Other than PSU and Wisky, they will be favored in all their games, at least right now.

That being said, I don't know that too many have noticed just how bad their offense has been these first two games. It's been far overshadowed by their defensive scoring. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win their division and get stomped in the conference championship.

PSU/Wisconsin will have better athletes overall than what Iowa has faced so far.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Maryland won’t be a pushover. Ask again after that game
Yep, Friday night on the road. Maryland isn’t terrible. Iowa can easily lose to that one. They will also lose at Northwestern like always. Also, Iowa almost always loses in Madison.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Your offense had 23 yds in the second half. Don't act like we didn't hand that game to you.
Ignore him. He's not even good at trolling. There are a few Hawk fans on here that are great at trolling. This guy is so bad at it, you just have to snicker a bit when you read his posts.

Reactions: JP4CY

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Long story short is there will be at least one game this year where Iowa's defense isn't getting 2-4 turnovers/defensive TDs and Petras is going to have to win that game. Can he and that offense do it? That's really the question because if any Hawk fan believes you are going to continue to get this type of defensive production from a turnovers and points perspective you're crazy. No team keeps the current pace the Hawk defense is at through two games.

dodgerdan

Oct 24, 2015
Had this convo with a hawkeye friend of mine after the game last week. I didn't realize how easy their schedule is for the next month: Kent State, CO State, Maryland, then Penn State. They will very likely be 5-0 heading into that PSU game. Already sitting at No 5, they will be that high or higher if anyone else above them loses.

Other than PSU and Wisky, they will be favored in all their games, at least right now.

That being said, I don't know that too many have noticed just how bad their offense has been these first two games. It's been far overshadowed by their defensive scoring. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win their division and get stomped in the conference championship.

Iowa will be favored by a field goal vs. Penn St.