3 Short this year...How Many Next..?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
This is what you get when trying to compete in a major BCS conference short on scholarships (3 This Year) ?

How many are we going to be short Next Year? I have heard anywhere from 1 to 2 because of academic graduation guidlines..?

Anyone know..?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Jeremy,

Do you know could we be on academic probation next year? Because of past 5 years graduation rates..NCAA has some rule..?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wish they had some kind of way to factor in coaching turnover with that academic stuff. It's not like we've had a ton of bums on this team or any more players turn pro than most programs. We are on our 3rd head coach since 2000 and we've had players leave because of it. I don't think the new head coach should be penalized for the mistakes of the coaches before them so would be nice if the NCAA had some kind of exemption or factor into their calculations when a coaching change is made. Greg's players are going to graduate and do well in the classroom. He already made an example out of one of his recruits with Taylor to show slacking off in the classroom is not going to be tolerated.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Wish they had some kind of way to factor in coaching turnover with that academic stuff. It's not like we've had a ton of bums on this team or any more players turn pro than most programs. We are on our 3rd head coach since 2000 and we've had players leave because of it. I don't think the new head coach should be penalized for the mistakes of the coaches before them so would be nice if the NCAA had some kind of exemption or factor into their calculations when a coaching change is made. Greg's players are going to graduate and do well in the classroom. He already made an example out of one of his recruits with Taylor to show slacking off in the classroom is not going to be tolerated.

I would agree but someone has to pay the price. If there was an exemption, schools would replace the coach the second the coach would start losing scholorships and was not winning championships.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Where did this 3 short come from? Did I miss a news article? Or is it just getting brought up again? Thanks for any info.

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
I would agree but someone has to pay the price. If there was an exemption, schools would replace the coach the second the coach would start losing scholorships and was not winning championships.

How about the coach? For example, Kelvin Sampson knowingly makes too many phone calls, and OU gets busted. Kelvin moves on to Indiana with no sweat off his privates.

What if Kelvin got in some kind of trouble? If it followed him would IU have been so quick to hire him?

For example, Todd Bozeman was the coach at Cal when Jason Kidd was there. I dont' remember what he did, but it must have been pretty atrocious as he was banned from coaching for 10 years. He just recently got a job at Morgan State. I'll guarantee you that if coaches start getting punished more than schools, this crap will stop.

Last edited:

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
My stool is smarter than you - travman

Thanks for the negative rep. I even started my post off by saying I agree with you. Glad to know I can now strive to increase my knowledge up to your stool's expectations.

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
Thanks for the negative rep. I even started my post off by saying I agree with you. Glad to know I can now strive to increase my knowledge up to your stool's expectations.

I just sent travman23 a message asking him about negative rep he gave me and he had no idea what I was talking about. But he has over 1000 points and my rep only went down by 6 points. I'm guessing it's that tool hfthomp, who had Paul Clark's family as his avatar. Too bad this chickenshit doesn't have enough nuts to even put his real name behind the negative rep.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I just sent travman23 a message asking him about negative rep he gave me and he had no idea what I was talking about. But he has over 1000 points and my rep only went down by 6 points. I'm guessing it's that tool hfthomp, who had Paul Clark's family as his avatar. Too bad this chickenshit doesn't have enough nuts to even put his real name behind the negative rep.

Apologies to travman if this is the case. Forgot how easy it would be to sign someone esle's name.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
But he has over 1000 points and my rep only went down by 6 points. I'm guessing it's that tool hfthomp,
To start it wasn't me. However someone with neg rep can't impact your rep either way.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Now I KNOW I didn't do this one! I would never leave something that childish as a comment. We need to get a mod to look at who is doing this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron