Got my season tickets

cy2323

Oct 23, 2006
I joined the NCC at the Cardinal level and just bought 2 season tickets along with a parking pass. I can't wait till next season.

Starting donating and buying tickets guys. The cyclone family needs all the support they can get right now!!!

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I got the season tickets on monday the same week they went on sale. I became an NCC member and got 2 set of varsity pack season tickers. I agree, we need to start donating and buying tickets. Pollard did his part, we have a potentially good coach, now its our turn.

Rage On

Jul 20, 2006
Glad to hear it! We have a smaller fan base than our competition and need to make up for it through stronger individual support.

Pollard is doing what I have wanted, now it's time for me to do my part. I've been at the Cardinal level for the past few years and will be doubling my donation this year.

Fatsow

Nov 22, 2006
We all need to not only do our part in donating and buying tickets but also marketing ISU athletics and trying to encourage others to buy tickets. I have been Cardinal the last couple of years and I was going to double my donation, but instead will buy two extra tickets to either use them as work comps or give them to friends or family. Then hopefully they will get excited enough to purchase their own tickets next year!

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I got the season tickets on monday the same week they went on sale. I became an NCC member and got 2 set of varsity pack season tickers. I agree, we need to start donating and buying tickets. Pollard did his part, we have a potentially good coach, now its our turn.

Do they have a meter or anything on the cyclones.com site that shows how many season tickets they've sold? I thought it'd be kind of cool if you could see what number you were to buy your tickets, and also to see how close they were coming to reaching their goals!

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
We were talking about joining the varsity club this year, and when my wife asked, I said that we had to donate $500 to get a parking pass. She said, "Your company does gift matching, right? Let's do it then." Schweeeeeet.

FYI, I just checked with the NCC people - if you are able, you can donate more than the $50 - $99 range and still be Varsity Club (buy the discounted season tickets). We had a finite amount of money to spend, and figured it could be better utilized by making a larger donation and getting cheaper tickets. We'll be donating at the Cardinal level using my employer's gift matching program, but still getting the $195 season tickets. They also told me that we will be sitting in the Cardinal sections rather than Varsity since that is the level we are donating at. Bottom line, 2 varsity club season football tickets, a parking pass and a donation of $500 using my employer's gift matching program will run me $690 plus tax. Two season tickets with no NCC donation would have been $700 plus tax. This seems like a win-win to me.

cy2323

Oct 23, 2006
That is true about being able to donate at a higher level and still buy the discounted $195 tickets (if you are between 20-29 years old of course). That is what I did as well.

I sure hope they keep this offer around its a get way to get people started in the NCC. That is how my sister first joined.

ISUAlum2003

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
I agree; the Varsity Club is a great way to get young Alums into the habit of buying season tickets. However, I don't think you can pay the V-Club ticket prices and then be seated in the Cardinal section if that is your NCC level of giving. The NCC might have told you that, but they only handle your donation and the ticket office will seat you based upon what ticket price you pay, $195 or $350. I increased my giving beyond the V-Club level a few years ago and was told I could give as much as I wanted to, but I would be seated based upon the tickets I purchase & since I still qualify for the V-Club, it was a no-brainer to keep those seats.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
At Nebraska they just pass the hat and have every 76,500 seat renewed.

This picture I have as avatar is the 1914 Cyclone squad. We have come a long ways baby.

isu_29

Aug 2, 2006
i as well got my tickets!! went from 6 last year to 10 this year as well donating to the cy club, with a parking pass!!! can't wait to see 40,000 plus tickets sold this year!!!!

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I agree; the Varsity Club is a great way to get young Alums into the habit of buying season tickets. However, I don't think you can pay the V-Club ticket prices and then be seated in the Cardinal section if that is your NCC level of giving. The NCC might have told you that, but they only handle your donation and the ticket office will seat you based upon what ticket price you pay, $195 or $350. I increased my giving beyond the V-Club level a few years ago and was told I could give as much as I wanted to, but I would be seated based upon the tickets I purchase & since I still qualify for the V-Club, it was a no-brainer to keep those seats.

It will be interesting to see where our tickets are. The Cardinal and Varsity sections are fairly similar anyway, at least up in the balcony where I assume we'll be since we're "new." And the main reason we're donating at the higher level is for the parking pass.